ZackM

My Scratch Camaro Ta Car.

I finished up this car a few months ago. It is a Pioneer Camaro body on top of a wire/brass chassis that has a Slot.it style motor pod.

In my earlier builds incorporating a pod made it pretty easy to get everything squared up, and there is some extra tuning that can be done easily.

I don't remember the exact details of the materials, but here are a few of the key features:

- Hinged side pans that mount to the body

-,055" main rails

-Silicone washers under pod mountings. (these are RC car shock O-rings). They make the car very quiet and you can adjust the tension to aid handling.

With this narrow body it can only fit a 8mm rear wheel, but it gets around really well!

49699041311_682b3879b9_k.jpg

49698501518_61a023aea1.jpg

49699032096_b08c2c6ca0_k.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Zack

Hi Zack.

Great work again. Like the way you have incorporated the Slot-it motor mount. Narrow wheels.tyres are not always a detriment. Depending on grip level and characteristics of car some times they allow a car to slide and flow around corners better. It is like standard Slot-it Group C liking less brakes to really go well. Local experience anyway.

Yes agree the Pioneer version of this car is narrower than Scaly version but not sure which scales correctly. Scaly are usually better than many but cannot vouch for Camaro. Slot-it and NSR cars are often stretched at rear at least to improve handling.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

That is one mean looking ride you have made there ZackM!

Sounds like it goes as well as it looks. Very nicely done

Nice build Zack...

I believe Zack is a Very good builder, actually I know his a good builder....

Agree Gas41T. Quite inspiring. He will be a real addition to our slot car scene. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx).