Peter Gunn

Internet Slowwwwwww

Last 2 days internet connections are getting slower and slower, as more and more people are working from home , and kids are now at home as well, it has taken me most of the day just trying to get 4 E mails through and connect with this site .

I have a feeling that the time we need the wonder of tech it,s gonna let us down and really F our lives up, are you finding this down under.

Hi Peter Gunn. No problems in NZ that I am aware of but we went to Level 3 yesterday and Level 4 in 48 hours so who is to know what that might mean. Many firms have had to just close there doors but with schools doing distance learning and lots of people working from home this could also soon change. When you look at the list of essential services there will still be a lot of people still working so they have to keep everything working. One of biggest problems seem to be people bulk buying meaning shortages for others. Some supermarkets several day ago brought in strict limits to what you could buy - limit of two for any item - for most goods so hopefully this policy gets spread widely.

The likes of Netflix will also get a thrashing but that is hardly essential. There is always proper TV.

At least we have our hobbies t keep us occupied. Model trains, slot cars DIY are among my side lines.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx) New Zealand

Proper TV :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Internet OK here too for the moment.

Edited by ZeGas
  • Upvote 1

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

Hi ZeGas.

Proper TV is free to air public TV not the over-priced stuff. Admittedly the likes of Netfix has changed the horizon. Free to air TV in Aussie is pretty good by my standards except they forget there are other places in World. Almost like The World (USA). Like the old programmes they air. In NZ we get lots of overseas news. Even about East Island.

Regards Chas Le Breton

West Island

Yeah I realised that "proper TV" is the free to air, I was laughing at the proper bit.

it all seems to be reality TV, nothing else but then I don't watch much TV, to many records to play.

Back to internet speeds, my computer started making a funny sound today, a sort of creeeee blip blip blip creeeeee waaaaa waaaa click sound

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

Hi ZeGas.

Agree re reality (who wants to watch Kim's fat butt anyway).but there (are lots of other programmes. Most reality sucks. So contrived. Of course there is always Emmerdale Farm although even that is a bit obvious much of time. Apologies to The Street addicts.There are also lots oh wildlife and historical programmes not to mention old films. A dose of You Tube or TV on Demand (in NZ anyway) is a good backstop. You might guess I watch quite a bit of TV.

Far more enjoyable playing with my slot cars, trains, a bit of DIY and trying to stay fit.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)