Ninco Mosler Chassis Help Please

Terry

Although I'm not smitten(yet) by the caronavirus we are in a bit of confinement, not especially keen to be out and about,

With this comes the opportunity to fossick through my assorted "to do" things and amongst that lot are 2 Ninco Moslers which have dodgy chassis.

Obtaining original Ninco chassis is difficult, so my thoughts have drifted towards 3D printed versions.

Herein lies the problem in that I have no idea of the "go to" supplier of such items.

Can anyone help at all?

Thanks for any help, this is just another example of how good it is to be in our forum!

Terry

Hi Terry. Silly question perhaps but will an NSR one fit? Personally I have never come across a chassis I could not fix. I have broken out guide mounts, lost front axle fittings, even snapped Aussie V8's in half and still they run against some fairly strong opposition. Cost of a new chassis might make repairs untenable but it is a good challenge.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi Yngwie. You are probably right but do not forget you east island cousins and your own home market. Many 3D products seem expensive anyway so why worry about broken products when other new options are so available and cheap. Armchair Racer has some great specials at present.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi Terry. Silly question perhaps but will an NSR one fit? Personally I have never come across a chassis I could not fix. I have broken out guide mounts, lost front axle fittings, even snapped Aussie V8's in half and still they run against some fairly strong opposition. Cost of a new chassis might make repairs untenable but it is a good challenge.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi Chas, I'm not too sure about the NSR type and like you I relish the challenge in repairing broken chassis, however I thought that the amount of work needed on 1 of these cars is significant, certainly enough for me to consider other options,

After throwing together the Avant chassis this afternoon, I'm not too sure if thats a goer, the front chassis mount is in a terrible position, think I'll be PMing Alexis

Terry

Hi Terry.

Alexis's 3D job certainly looks good. I have neither Ninco or NSR Mosler so unable to compare. I do have a couple of NSR chassis however in case you want some dimensions. Best of luck whatever your choice. Still think Armchair Racer special might be the best option although no Mosler.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi Terry,

What's wrong with the original chassis. Perhaps post a pic of the "dodgeyness" with the said chassis. The brains trust here should be able to come up with a solution.

Alan

Hi Terry,

What's wrong with the original chassis. Perhaps post a pic of the "dodgeyness" with the said chassis. The brains trust here should be able to come up with a solution.

Alan

Well the bearing holders( both) are broken, tabs missing, the guide has been broken and although I fitted a new guide tongue its a bit ugly.

The motor bracket has 1 tab broken off so I can only secure the motor with the 1 screw.

As I'm getting meaner as I get older I'm loathe to throw money at this as it will be just a runner and may not fire too many shots in anger,

I guess its got to the stage of rolling the sleeves up and get stuck in!

Hope you guys are all well with the new life we are all now in, certainly no excuses for not getting onto those jobs that have been sitting idle for too long now?

Terry

Hi Terry.

Is certainly a sad case. I would bin. As you say even if fixed it is not going to be very good but I thought Ninco Mosler was no where as good as NSR version anyway. Treat yourself to an Armchair Racer special or if you are like me you have too many cars anyway.

All well in NZ but virus cases mounting (53) as people return from OS. Everything closed. No deaths touch wood. I am retired so no problem to stay home and play with slot cars.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Today a Ninco Mosler chassis arrived in my post box, I am so appreciative to Yngwie for his very generous help,I have looked everywhere for this and to be able to get it from an Auslot member is just great

This is another example of how good it is to be on this forum, it rarely fails to deliver on things like this but just the fact you can get on the forum and know that people are out there to offer advice and tips on all sorts of situations.

I get lazy and don't post as often as I should, often a little reminder like this comes along and nudges you to understand that this sort of thing is available on our forum.

I'm probably not putting this correctly......but thanks again John, I owe you!

Terry

• Upvote 1

Its been so long since I posted pics on the forum I've almost forgotten the process!

As you can see the Mosler is all done, some tuning still to be done but very happy to see this one back on track,

I last ran this car in a DUPR proxy series must have been about 2007 or something, that proxy had "podded" and "non podded" classes, this car still carries a few battle scars from that time.

As you can see I've just done a bit of bracing, set the front axle and thats about it, I did convert the car to regular 3/32 axles and bearings back in the day.

Thanks again John.

Terry

My Auslot Proxy Mosler had a wire brace from the rear axle bearings to the motor on both sides to stop any “ Ninco” hop.

Hi Phil,

I've pondered a couple of ways to brace the motor and rear end to stop the Ninco hop, I don't think theres' any pretty way and I do have a couple of cars here with the bracing as you have described, I've also done a few cars in different ways, so far I haven't got a favourite, but I don't get any silly hopping anymore!

Good to see you offering your 2 bobs worth, been doing any interesting builds lately?