newso

1/24 Ferrari V12 F1

With all respect to Larry Shepherd who ignited my enthusiasm for doing this open wheeler,like most I have bodies and bits and pieces all over the place and after seeing Larrys version of this car I thought that I would like to do the same,

If my car comes out anything close to what Larry does then I'd be more than happy.

unpaintedferrariF1.jpg

In the past I have used brass sheet for the bulk of my chassis,going down the path that the heavier they are the better the car may handle,have to say that has met with mixed results!

This is a fairly basic chassis,in the main using 55 thou piano wire to the main body of chassis with 64 thou brass rod to perimeter,rear end is a very basic Rehco in line set up with Cheetah motor.

tyres and wheels from patto,although we don't "allow" pattos foam tyres at Hornsby I am using those tyres on this car.

Body comes from either Patto or Tom Anderson(vintage slot car bodies),and I'm awaiting a bit of fair weather to put the final coat of paint on.

ferrariF1chassis.jpg

Wouldn't want to do any quick repairs on this car during a race,to remove the body I have to remove rear wheels and slide away rear suspension parts thus freeing up the body for removal.

like my other F1 cars,in the main they are built for the pleasure of building,I'm not that concerned if they don't turn out to be winners,although that would be a bonus.

Hopefully have more pics of the finished car by weekend.

Terry

Edited by newso

That looks great Terry :) Is the motor used as part of the chassis? And any tips for cutting brass plate .7mm thick?

Cheers slo

"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

Slo,the motor just sits between the 55thou piano wire chassis rails I only solder the end of the motor to the inline bracket,I don't see the need to solder to the piano wire as well.

As far as cutting 0.7mm thick,I use a dremel,its suprising how accurate you can be after a while,in the beginning though it was a bit ragged,like most things,practice makes it better.

Cheers terry

V12Ferrari.jpg

Finally finished the Ferrari,fairly happy with the end result although I would have liked to have had a little more detail in the injectors and exhausts area.

I applied the decals to the inside of the vac form body and after a few attempts I seem to have this right now,about time,I was starting to lose patience with the "decal on the inside" thing.

Wheel inserts are vac forms from patto.

Now,wheres that Alfetta GP car?Lets get stuck into that!

Cheers Terry

Hey Newso - that's really really sweet! You should be damned proud of it! :lol:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

As far as cutting 0.7mm thick,I use a dremel,its suprising how accurate you can be after a while,in the beginning though it was a bit ragged,like most things,practice makes it better.

Cheers terry

Thnx for that! The car looks great!! :P

cheers slo.

"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"