• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 08:34 PM

Well have done a few of these so called white kits , and must say this latest one i,m on now is one pain in the A , you get a completed chassis , mine was not to bad, fairly well put together but i always strip them down anyway , and i,ve changed a few things.
The epic part is the Mercedes DTM body , the major parts went together fairly well , the wing needed some taping down to stop one end or the other popping out of the body.
Cleaned the body and did the usual , undercoat , clean again and a couple of top coats which look fine , left the body for 3 days just to make sure it gassed out ok, then the fun started , in this kit you get 3 little bags of bits , which i have a small tray to put them in , so there i was looking at this pile , the bigger bits were fine knew where they went , but it was the rest , what i'll call the smaller piles.
I have a pair of white linen gloves i use to hold the body of a painted car in to add the parts , so first the grill , hmm didn't quite fit , so tried the under grill hmm didn't quite fit , thought check the glazing , hmm didn't quite fit , the interior tray , hmm didn't quite fit, the headlight inners well i had 4 , needed 2 and hmm none of them didn't quite fit, all to short at the back to reach to the retaining lug.
Still have 3 bits i have no idea where they go, but i pressed on now with a scaple in hand and gradually, eased that bit , trimmed that bit , had to trim flash of all glazed parts, and so day after day i did a little bit here and a little bit there , and 6 days later i have nearly got there just have the screens to fit , and the drivers platform to pare a bit of and the car should be nearly there.
So the moral of this story is i might have saved a few quid in buying the kit , but have nicks and cuts in fingers , lost my temper more times than i can remember ever before doing , and just hope when it,s finished it,s worth it all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users