Blst Style Track

6 replies to this topic

#1 Drifter

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:59 PM

I got a new router for Xmas, and now I have 4 of them. Next I started routing / building.........

Posted Image

Posted Image

www.sydneyslotcars.com

#2 Slotspeed

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:19 PM

That looks like a really nice layout design. What kind of lane changers will you use and what kind of control system for the lane changers? You did say BLST “style” so now I’m curious as to how it will work! Have fun with the build.

Edited by Slotspeed, 15 February 2020 - 08:19 PM.

#3 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 04:02 AM

Tidy build. That looks like great flow. Will it have some form of active lane changing like BLST, or be one of the regular digital systems?

BTW "My name is Drifter and I have a router addiction" [It's okay, I have a lathe addiction - you learn to live with it and manage it]
Slots addict 1st class * Classic quote for 2019 "whaa whaa whoo, where is I " * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club Website

#4 Drifter

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 09:00 AM

Thank you for the encouragement lads.

Re the flippers, yes they are active just like a normal BLST one, except I built them rather than purchase from David in France (Silage).
That's what I mean with the phrase "BLST style".

With my setup I have been experimenting with LDRs (light dependant resistors ) to trigger the flipper rather than "current sense" as used by Silage.
A mini 12v solenoid actuates the flipper, logic is handled by a Arduino pro mini. Voltage reduction for the Arduino by a buck converter, as the pro mini boards are maxed out at 12v and tend to pop if you get a spike. Track is DC.

The track drives really nice, I personally am really pleased how that aspect turned out.

The basic track layout/design was inspired by one of MrFlippant's portable tracks on SF.

www.sydneyslotcars.com

#5 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 09:18 AM

That sounds like an even simpler solution for triggering the lane change, sweet. Would love to see some video of it running sometime.
Slots addict 1st class * Classic quote for 2019 "whaa whaa whoo, where is I " * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club Website

#6 Drifter

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 10:04 AM

Here's a BLST demo I did a while back whilst trying piano wire for braid on my old test track. This uses the LDR's.

https://www.youtube....h?v=rTYxg1ngRVI

www.sydneyslotcars.com

#7 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 10:44 AM

You can also make the video itself appear here as below, by clicking the blue/green box 3rd from left above, and choosing "Media" at the BB Code popup box that appears.
But you have to take the "S" out of https

Works well, but I desperately wanted to clean the tyres on that Porsche and pass the Nascow

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users