Tyre Troubles

4 replies to this topic

#1 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:35 PM

Have a few Thunderslot cars and i have been having trouble with ground clearance on my ageing Carrera track, like me it,s not as young as it was and even when cars are new there are certain places you can hear it ground , which gets worse when you run the tyres in.
I have found in my mind the perfect tyre to replace the originals with , it,s the new or newish NSR 5237 EVO 21X10 ulragrip and apparently NSR guarantees 0.2'' improvement on B.L.T. what ever that is , well that's what it says on the box , new material better performance , so i fitted a set on 2 of the cars and it does cure my grounding problems and they do go a lot quicker than the cars still with the originals on , so i,m getting some more.
Might be an idea others can try if they have rail problems , or if they don't as they do seem to be a better tyre .

#2 dangermouse

Triple Crown Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:14 AM

Well if it ain't bacon lettuce and tomato then I am guessing best lap time :wacko:

I must try some NSR tyres I mainly use urethane tyres. Though we use rubber tyres on the BRM mini saloons

Edited by dangermouse, 15 February 2020 - 08:14 AM.

#3 mattcrackers

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:12 AM

NSR are my favourite tyres for grip, be it on plastic or timber track, although I must say we can only use MJK's at WASCRG.

There is definitely a drop in lap times on the timber track using the MJK's on the NSR GT and Early Le Mans car classes and they do handle differently.

#4 Caddo

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:12 PM

IMO tyre choice for club racing has a big impact on overall slotting racer numbers, including commercial race centers

#5 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted Today, 01:42 AM

Boy oh boy thought this trouble would be fixed by now by NSR , ok we all know the mould pips can be rather large , but ultras splitting again come of it, and my latest one was not stretched to much over a wheel , normal NSR wheel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users