Messing About With Designs

SlotsNZ

Someone sent me this design, and asked if I could help them design a 2 lane version, for construction using

the Policar track system.

terryfrance.jpg

He had some space constraints, which dictated shortening the top end, and using R1 & R2 curves not R2/R3

Policar is about 1 lane larger in turn circle than Ninco, so the R1`curves are a bit more practical for use.

So I set about using the basic track file for Ultimate Racer 30 and came up with this. As the sR1 and R2

22.5 degree curves aren't yet available, I threw in some R3 where I needed 22.5 degrees and ended up with this

terrycircuit3.jpg

Thoughts on the flow?

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

The Grid is set at 50cm, so overall about 1.2 wide, which about our reach for marshaling.

Yeah, each to his own I guess on the squiggles - I would open it up more too.

I think he has the first timer thing about making the longest possible track for the space available - we've all been there.

I wonder about less turns, and using mainly R2 and R3, instead of mainly R1 and R2

Policar is roughly "half a lane wider" at each "R" value than Ninco, but R1 is still quite tight.

Still I will let him mull a bit before suggesting the changes - and I will have all your thoughts to show him as well

Vince - Free download, but it doesn't include Policar in an official release. I have a ZIP of the files here I can send you for it.

For anyone with a Mac. Jan who owns RailModeller, which makes Mac/IOS apps for model railway and slot car track design, is

now working on adding Policar to the stable. https://www.railmodeller.com

It wasn't until I got in contact with Jan, that I learned that he lived in Christchurch for 3 years and maintains strong connections

there.

On the Rail Modeller site, there is a link to a charity he has to support conservation efforts of the Kakapo

https://www.isleofthekakapo.com/home-isleofthekakapo.html (For Ozzies, that and the more common Kea, are our big parrots)

policarsizecompare.gif

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol: