Hot Rodding

6 replies to this topic

#1 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 07:37 PM

Had a Pioneer white kit of the Ford Hot Rod , so thought i would post the finished car, lots of modifications from the standard car , which is a pretty good runner , but i always like to push the envelope .
Chassis is weighted , still using the standard Pioneer Typhoon in it , but gears are now slot it 11 x31, fitted a b nova guide post adapter so the guides now a slot it wood, wheels all round are Staffs red anodized alloys, fitted with PG's pgt,s on the front , xpg's on the rear.
Body colour is Hycote double acrylic Vauxhall Mustard Yellow, all the driver and motor detail is by paint pens, on the track it,s quite quick actually that motor is enough motor for the short chassis , and you can't hang the tail out on this one , as there ain't one , very stable with my set up, motor has good brakes and it,s great fun to drive

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 ZeGas

ZeGas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 12:53 PM

Nice to see picks after all these years. This is a good build.

PG. I know you told me a few years back, can you remind me who you get to do your decals.
Cheers Grant
Posted Image.......................................................Posted Image
Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

If life gives you lemons, take them, free s#!t is cool.

#3 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:34 PM

Hoping to see some of these on track tonight
Slots addict 1st class * Classic quote for 2019 "whaa whaa whoo, where is I " * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club Website

#4 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:27 PM

Hi Grant not wishing to upset Patto's place but i get all my decals done bespoke in the case of my 111's, stripe, my names and anything of a particular car i want to do like Mustangs or Camero he even done the small mustangs on my Group 5 Mustang in the last group 5 proxy over there have a look at the pictures to give you an idea from that proxy, he will also design what ever you want from your ideas as regards any decal, also has ready to sell general decals.
His name is Colin Hughes and he's on slot forum in the Hobby Traders section, you can contact him through there or by E mail as ContactMe@CandC-Designs.co.uk.
I used to post pictures when Ember was around but since then until Mark kindly offered his help it was nearly impossible as i don't have photobucket or anything like it, us cavemen never bothered with it chuckle.

#5 dangermouse

Triple Crown Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:49 PM

Nice

my paint your own Chevy arrived yesterday. At this stage I am tossing up between a Dangermouse themed car and a Smokey Yunick colour scheme.

Smokey will probably get the nod as I am a sucker for black and gold - though I need to find some shiny gold numbers.

cheers
David

Edited by dangermouse, 13 February 2020 - 09:00 PM.

#6 ZeGas

ZeGas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:13 AM

Thanks PG.
Cheers Grant
Posted Image.......................................................Posted Image
Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

If life gives you lemons, take them, free s#!t is cool.

#7 Sports Racer

V8 Supercar Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 04:14 PM

Your car looks great Keith.

We race these on wooden tracks. With a little bit of work they're lapping faster than Scalex GT's. The spur gear is weak so we replace it or glue it to the wheel for reliability. You also need to take the slop out of the rear axle so the gears mesh properly.

Edited by Sports Racer, 15 February 2020 - 04:16 PM.

May the downforce be with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users