Had a Pioneer white kit of the Ford Hot Rod , so thought i would post the finished car, lots of modifications from the standard car , which is a pretty good runner , but i always like to push the envelope .

Chassis is weighted , still using the standard Pioneer Typhoon in it , but gears are now slot it 11 x31, fitted a b nova guide post adapter so the guides now a slot it wood, wheels all round are Staffs red anodized alloys, fitted with PG's pgt,s on the front , xpg's on the rear.

Body colour is Hycote double acrylic Vauxhall Mustard Yellow, all the driver and motor detail is by paint pens, on the track it,s quite quick actually that motor is enough motor for the short chassis , and you can't hang the tail out on this one , as there ain't one , very stable with my set up, motor has good brakes and it,s great fun to drive

hotrod1.jpg

hotrod2.jpg

Nice to see picks after all these years. This is a good build.

PG. I know you told me a few years back, can you remind me who you get to do your decals.

Hi Grant not wishing to upset Patto's place but i get all my decals done bespoke in the case of my 111's, stripe, my names and anything of a particular car i want to do like Mustangs or Camero he even done the small mustangs on my Group 5 Mustang in the last group 5 proxy over there have a look at the pictures to give you an idea from that proxy, he will also design what ever you want from your ideas as regards any decal, also has ready to sell general decals.

His name is Colin Hughes and he's on slot forum in the Hobby Traders section, you can contact him through there or by E mail as ContactMe@CandC-Designs.co.uk.

I used to post pictures when Ember was around but since then until Mark kindly offered his help it was nearly impossible as i don't have photobucket or anything like it, us cavemen never bothered with it chuckle.

Nice

my paint your own Chevy arrived yesterday. At this stage I am tossing up between a Dangermouse themed car and a Smokey Yunick colour scheme.

Smokey will probably get the nod as I am a sucker for black and gold - though I need to find some shiny gold numbers.

cheers

David

Edited by dangermouse

Your car looks great Keith.

We race these on wooden tracks. With a little bit of work they're lapping faster than Scalex GT's. The spur gear is weak so we replace it or glue it to the wheel for reliability. You also need to take the slop out of the rear axle so the gears mesh properly.

Edited by Sports Racer