3D Printed Body

55 minutes ago, mattcrackers said:

The print lines are nearly non-existant, nice work on both of them.

Cleaning them up should be a lot easier than the Nissan I did.

Do you have any pics from the side?

yeah its nice too see nearly no printlines, they took 23hrs each to print...

id said with a coat of undercoat the printline will be gone...

ill put some side photos up soon

Hi fella's... I haven't had a look at getting into 3D printing yet, but it sure looks to be the way to go to get a model which is not available in any other way than scratch building it.

Can someone kindly tell me what's involved with getting the software for a model?... Has anyone generated this from a line drawing etc?

I have visions one day of finally building an EK sedan... as I have owned one for 48 years.... if anyone wants to give it a whirl, I'm quite prepared to do the filling and sanding involved then return the finished model for molding and casting... extending full owners rights to whoever does the printed model.

I am impressed with the work done in this thread... it certainly makes life a lot easier and more accurate than simply carving something out of clay.. 

frats,

Rosco

56 minutes ago, mattcrackers said:

Cheers for the side pics.

Not sure about the 2 in the pic above but I do know that the Nissan was printed with the top half of the body completely solid.

Probably overkill but I do believe it was his first attempt at printing a body from file.

the mess next to the XD is the under side of the VK after i was digging the infill out.