Sports Racer

2020 Touring Car Proxy

Hi Paul,

Entry fee for #17 Peugeot PayPal'd to you today - car should be in the mail to you next week or so.... :D

Cheers, Tony.

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

Got it. Wasn't enough to pay for a trip overseas so I'll just have to stay home.

May the downforce be with you.

Slot.it%20Alfa%20DTM.jpg

Are there any post of 2019, or 2018 Touring Car Proxy? I think all I could find was 2017. Just trying to get an Idea of how past cars have been setup. My Alfa is running pretty good for an almost stock car on my small track. I am looking to ship by the end of the week. I could just ship it and see how it performs as it currently sits. It has gone from 20 laps in 59.80 secs FL 2.80 secs to 54.71 secs FL 2.46 secs. I just hope that will be competitive. Oh there was a gear change somewhere in the tune-up. Yellow Dogs front and rear.

Edited by ArroldN

MOPAR or NOCAR YES IT'S A HEMI

Hi Sports Racer. Sorry to have to say but my Holden may be a non-goer. With 21400 FX180 it is that loose I am going to try a Baby King 17000. Main problem though appears to be tyres as the used MJK tyres I chose are terrible. Pity as car looks good. Thought I should warn you. Will give myself until this time next week and then advise final decision. Regards Chas Le Breton

All the info on the old proxies can be found here - https://www.slotcarillustrated.com/forum/sci-race-and-events/race-events-and-proxy-racing/slot-car-illustrated-touring-car-championship

Here's the lap records on 4 tracks compared to other classes that we race. To win the proxy your car needs to be faster than a RevoSlot or NSR GT. 

Class Steve's track   Andrew's track Alvaro's track   Nev's track
Open 5.648   5.418 5.598   5.927
LMP 5.692     5.282   5.954
Group 5 5.716     5.887   6.348
Thunderslot 5.820   5.521 5.452   6.236
Touring Car Proxy 2018/19 5.907   5.647 5.513   6.606
Touring Car Proxy 2017/18 6.052   5.682 5.869   6.491
Revo 5.997   5.798 5.708   6.463
Open GT 6.095   5.721 5.646   6.224
DTM - 18k motor 6.241   6.149 5.805   6.700
NSR GT 6.298     5.747   6.409

I'll be happy if my car gets to within half a second of these times. 

I'm using old MJK's, just need a light sanding with 1200 grit to get them working well.

For the proxy the only cleaning of the tyres between races will be with a roll of sticky tape to remove any residue on the tyres. There won't be any chemical cleaning (Shellite, metho etc) or any sanding of tyres.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer

Hi All,

The #17 Peugeot went in the mail to Braidwood yesterday - hope it's not too embarrassing......

Cheers, Tony.

Edited by bov

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

This may be a dumb question but how do the Ford Falcon any body style or the Holden qualify for this proxy? Every one I see are 70 era cars. Rules state must be from the 90s and up. Help me. I think my car is ready to ship after a little tinkering tonight.

Edited by ArroldN

Registration sent. Paul need a phone number to put on the invoice.

Edited by ArroldN

finally was able to register on the Auslot site. Cars sent for the Touring car proxy on July 1st. Hope they get there in time as the local post office says packages are taking about a month.Entry fee sent for #50 on 070520 paypal. Lance

USPS tracking # LH103981075US

UPDATE for tracking : Shipped on July 1st. made it to Los Angles July 9. Depart Los Angles July 22.

update2 July 29, 2020, 10:00 am   Delivered   AUSTRALIA                   Your item was delivered in AUSTRALIA at 10:00 am on July 29, 2020.

Pretty accurate, our post office said about 1 month. from package dropoff to delivery in about 29 or 30 days.

Edited by lancelot

Hi Sportsracer. I regretfully formally advise that  I am pulling my Holden V8  entry. Sorry about this late change. Hope it can make room for somebody else. Still keen to progress but not happy with current build so back to the drawing board. Good luck with the event. I will enjoy the race reports as the proxy proceeds. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Hi Paul 111 is on it,s way no idea how long it will take getting to OZ but if it,s to late there is always 2021 chuckle.

If anyone needs a phone number for shipping use 0458 450 742.

Sorry to see you pull out Charles. Your Holden was a source of amazement amongst those that raced it as no Holden has ever gone that fast.

Re ArroldN's question about eligibility for the Holden and Ford, Charles' car was from the V8 Touring Cars series which race currently and cars were built up to 2019.

I've received bov's car and payment from curef99, lancelot, ArroldN, bov and Peter Gunn.

Hope everyone is getting ready to send there cars.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Sports Racer. 

Was very sorry to pull out as the Holden is every bit of an Aussie icon and the driver Greg Murphy a Kiwi icon. Did consider sending  my good car but I use it all the time so was not really an option. My car is a 2006 model.

Regards Chas Le Breton

For those that have asked my paypal a/c is paul.komnacki @ agriculture.gov.au (no spaces) 

I did some testing last night with the car I used last year and one I built for the year before. Both were slower than the Calibra I've just built on an old Scaleauto Toyota GT1 chassis. The Calibra is as quick as the new Sideways Nissan so I'm hoping I can beat Peter Gunn this year!

Pictures of my car to come.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for the reply Paul. Just curious who makes the Holden or Ford post 1990?  I'll ship my car tomorrow or early next week. I think I'm done with the tweaking. Hopefully it will be competitive. If not it will be a learning experience.

Found a Holden C3471 Red Bull at Electric Dreams for $129 US. Out of my budget. Went to Scalextric British site no modern Holden listed.

I see Holden is GM of Australia. Learned something. That's why I like the international flair of this hobby.

Found a modern 2019 Red Bull Holden at Metro Hobbies in the AU $79.99 AU about $55.51 US. Not bad. Now I have a source if my Slot.it is not competitive.

Edited by ArroldN

As a Ford man you don't want to be racing a Holden. :D

As a slot car they are too tall and skinny. That's why we're so amazed that Chas could get his working well enough to be a mid-fielder in the proxy.

Well I happen to be a MOPAR man. Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth. That is a 300C SRT8 in my picture. Well as I enter for the first time this year I'll see if this Alfa is competitive. It appears some like the Slot.it Mercedes. I'll look and hopefully learn something. I see from the one picture I can view last years winner was a DTM car. I also notice a lot of guys are using different chassis than the actual RTR chassis for a specific car body. Interesting.

Edited by ArroldN

Someone asked for some info and I thought it better to put it here for everyone to see.

We're having 12 races and I hope to have them on 12 different tracks. All are routed (wood) tracks. Most are painted in semi-gloss but 3 tracks are ferrodor. MJK's and Yellowdogs are the prefered tyres but previous entries have used Slot.it and NSR with some success. 

Don't worry about having the same livery and car number as someone else. Just make sure your name is painted underneath so we can tell the cars apart.

I'm hoping there is room for one more entry for a tail end Charlie? Nothing like cutting it fine, but I should know by Thursday if my car will be ready to post (will post Friday if it is going to happen)

Will be an Audi A4 DTM , number 9 in Gulf colours...if it goes back together...:blink:

More than happy to have a late entry to keep us honest.

You've been added to the entry list.

Cheers

Paul

Build it, test it to see if it's drivable and post to me.

You'll get lots of feedback and maybe some tips on how to build a better car plus you'll see (videos) of each race so you can see how your car goes against other entrants.

Please put me down for bmw #10 Aloha

Car is in the mail

Dale

will work on payment now.