2020 Touring Car Proxy

Sports Racer

20200715-184532.jpg

20200715-184436.jpg

Ok, she's back together and the wheels turn in the right direction! Here is my "SUSS Racing" Gulf #9 Audi A4 DTM

Lots of "1st"'s for me - 1st proxy event, 1st time preping a car for another track (only ever raced my cars a 1 track), 1st time mod'ing a SCX, 1st time trying to "weather" a car, 1st go at doing clear decals.

I did a couple of shake down laps yesterday, before pulling it down again. It is certainly nowhere as fast as my NSR, so I don't think the leaders have much to worry about, but it has been a fun (?) challenge to get it done (and on timejus-t!), which I have enjoyed doing, which is the main thing!

I should be posting this off on Friday, and I'll sort payment over the weekend, if not before

Best proxy for 1'st's. I like to give lots of feedback and videos showing how your car goes. 

There's some seriously fast cars entered this year by the Canberra locals so it will be good to see how the rest of the world compares. 

Then there's my car which is faster than anything else I've ever built but still .05 sec per lap off the top pace in testing. At least it drives well and hard to deslot. :D

• Like 1

May the downforce be with you.

My entry is on the way.  I was not able to do much testing at our main racing venue due to the virus but it was well behaved when I ran it last.  

thumbnail-IMG-0664.jpg

It is a Ninco body with a modified Slot.it chassis with an AW pod with spring suspension and a Slot.it Boxer 2 motor. We use mostly NSR tires around here so I shipped it with those, so I hope I'm not making a huge mistake doing so.  They are considerably faster than urethanes at our regular venue which is routed wood.

Regards

Rico

Edited by reek455

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde

Car was shipped today,  my 1st ever hot hatch so we will learn a ton about high centers of gravity during this series.
The car was built with bin parts with the body and chassis purchased new.  All other parts have been used in other cars   

NSR CLIO 

NSR Wheels oh no.......penalty for no inserts I just thought about it

NSR tires so we will see how this goes versus my urethane  debacle last series 
NSR motor in a sidewinder configuration 

Extra hard pod 

Yellow chassis hopefully it will preserve the tires some 

Thunderslot guide 

Edited by Brumos RSR

We won't start the proxy officially until all the cars arrive.

I'll do a "preliminary" run on my test track soon with the cars that I have to let people know how the cars compare. 

Edited by Sports Racer

Thanks for still entering. There'll be a slight penalty for late posting as all cars should have been in the post by 20/7/20.

Don't worry about having no name on the bottom. I have a big hammer to nail on a 12kg plaque with your name on it. :D

Cheers

Paul

So right Keith. On the weekend before the cars had to be posted I built up a Group 5 Sideways Mustang and it lapped my test track much faster than my Calibra proxy car so I put a NSR Renault Clio body on the Mustang chassis.

fetch?id=1664004&d=1595558385

It has the potential to win the proxy but only with more development time so it's shelved until next year.

The Calibra is a little bit slower but much easier to drive which is what you need for a proxy car. 

payment sent Paul, Thanks for the encouragement guys!

yes you never know what can happen in Proxy racing, having fun and getting a car to go around different tracks and drivers and get feedback is the best part of it,.

I hot glued the pod thinking i had too, but that's for the ATCC proxy in NZ!!!!!,  oops, but it still seemed to handle ok