Wrp 2019 (Final Delayed Jan 2020) Rnd 8 And Final

Ontheflipside

Bit lost for words , been a very hard year for some , what with health issues , the fires and then the floods down under , wish everyone well in all cases, sort of puts model cars at a lesser point in the scheme of things .

Like Mondeo 74, i had a a slow start to the series but got better as it went on, congratulations to all who entered, and to Mondeo74 who was there or there about's all the time as the series went on, and Gary for not making it a Ford 1-2-3 , thanks for the effort put in on our behalf, by organizers, track owners , proxy drivers , a special thank you to Mel who we know has had a very trying time what with one thing and another.

Hope to see you all on the grid for the next series , what ever that turns out to be , think this is one of the very few rally proxies left and hopefully it will carry on, regards to you all.

Well done Keith great to see another Brit on the top of the pile!!!

As you said , a slow start, quite the opposite of mine....... the words Tortoise and Hare spring to mind.

Well done to everyone, it seems like everyone's prep has been good as I don't recall any major fails ?!?

Better luck next year Bov, Chas only 2 points above me ! Next year maybe and Snurf , I'll get you next year too.

Leo and Alexis, I got ya both this time :)

Well done Mel, I know a lot has been going on and I'm sure we all appreciate your hard work. Thank you !

Our thoughts are with you as we share the bad weather.

Simon,

on a hill, 2 miles and 100metres above the flooded River Severn. In England ( not Wales lol)

Whats not to like...........

Congratulations to Keith, Mondeo and Gazza. The shortage of cars didn't really take anything away from the series. New-boy Bov/Tony gets a "well done" for salvaging the last round results data, as well as being fourth.

Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

To Peter and the other podiumites. Well done. It was a most interesting series if rather long. Well done too to the organisers. A lot of time an effort involved.

I certainly had my ups and downs. The little Metro however certainly went better than last year with one round 1st and 2 x 2nds. As I said early after good Round 1 performance that would probably be the highlight. My car however certainly did not like the road courses but I had nothing to complain about for the rally courses. The exception appeared to be Scotland where I had by far my worst run.

Would be interesting to see what Phil made of his 2 test cars in the end.

Regards to all. Charlesx

Just went out to the track to start wrapping cars and notice the podium had been gate crashed. Bov had snuck up to take a peak ????

Plus%20SCX_zpsufe0zdw7.jpg

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Hey guys . Congrats to the stage and overall podiumites for this years running of the 2019/20 Proxy. My car didn’t run as well as I thought . But I’m going to blame and sack that darn navvy of mine for not getting his head out of that playboy book :P:D .

The end of 2019 and going into the start of this year hasn’t been to kind to me , so really haven’t had much interest in the proxy (Snurf , scars have healed but still a bit tender) . For that , big apologies Mel for not being able to get over and give you a hand. Hopefully the next proxy will be kind to me. Again thanks to all the entrants and hosts for putting on this 2019/20 Proxy.

Cheers Craig

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

• 2 weeks later...

Returning 2019 WRP Cars

I'm currently wrapping cars to return to owners.

If anyone has moved since entering the 2019 series would you

please PM me your new address.

Almost every year we have cars returned with "address unknown"

Trophies have arrived for the winners, so they will be returned with cars. Most cars will be posted by mid next week.

2019%20series.winners%20trophies_zpsm78h9efa.jpg

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

Forgot to mention. I have some smaller trophies for some of the minor placings

2019%20series.minor%20winners%20trophies_zpsmbct2ndj.jpg

Edited by Ontheflipside

Well – my #3 finished it’s world tour by arriving home today…

With an extra bit of unexpected bling – thanks, Mel !!

Hmm, there’s a bit of a rattle within, methinks some sub-standard weight installation to be investigated…

Otherwise, she looks a beaut – thanks to all for putting on a great series!

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

• 2 weeks later...

All cars and trophies have now been posted. My local post office keeps telling me that anything going by air will take a lot longer due to less planes flying around the world at present.

Thank you to those who have let me know that their cars have arrived,

2020%20world.jpgCurrently working on options and rules for this year. Will the Corona-virus have an impact when we can start? I'm considered a high risk so I'm a bit house bound

No problem Ontheflipside/Mel. You and your families safety is far more important than our little cars. Sure I can find another to play with. My wife always says I have too many particularly when I add to collection.

Even if in transit it now seems unlikely package will get delivered but if by normal post perhaps. Couriers I believe are only allowed to deliver essential supplies at least in NZ. I have a new TV coming for my new SC track timing display. Dispatched last week but probably in storage somewhere. My eldest son had also bought and paid a lot for roofing material for a new pergola and has been told they are unable deliver.

When you feel up to it though I and other stalwarts would be happy to comment or make suggestions on any possible plans you have for WRP 2020/2021. Perhaps you could consider talking to Tassy Phil and about combining with a reinstated OZ Rally. Both are great events. Alternatively perhaps both can borrow from each other to the betterment of all. One problem with the WRP that I would like addressed is timeliness between events and the nature of tracks used. In my opinion there seems to be an increasing use of road like courses. Appreciate OZ Rally is only run in Aussie but a NZ section not ruled out. This has worked well in reverse for several for several road events for 7-8 years or more.

Keep well and safe. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Just for the record I have finally built a rally sprint track and have a straight rally track underway. Also have basic plan and materials for a hill climb as well having just completed a small conventional 3 lane wood track. Previously I have only had a small Scaly track on which to trial and tune my cars although as I have said before I do have a half share in my brother's.

My plan for the last couple of years has been to provide for a round in New Plymouth for the OZ or WRP rallies or both. My earlier effort was not up to standard so I scrapped. I now feel I am on the cusp of achieving my goal. I will provide photos of my efforts as I progress. You will be aware there are a coupe of other tracks at least that are suitable for a NZ section. Munter track in the Hawkes Bay would be high on the list and I know Branco and Aquakiwi have talked of holding a round previously.

Big problem charles is no one seems to building new rally tracks as rally slot cars are not as popular as they were 3 4 years ago when we had quite large numbers entering the WRP and Oz , over here there have been a couple of rally events run but again it,s the old stalwarts with the old cars doing it.

As regards the future of anything , if you cut through all the media hype and guess work about the virus and listen to the real experts it would seem the so called peak here could be round about May /June and may stay like that ( similar to Italy ) for a further 4 weeks which takes us up to end of July, before it may start to run down, then we could have a second wave as any vaccine won't be ready in reality until the end of the year at the earliest , so that will take out all of 2020.

Most important thing this year for all will be getting through all of this where ever you are by taking notice of only those giving the official line as there is to much speculation from this ex expert , that one and as i,ve mentioned the media, and even the official experts may be wrong , but we have to trust that they are not.

So time lads and lassies to dig out all those projects we never got round to doing and hunker down.

Fair enough Peter Gunn/Keith but I had heard Italy was getting over hump although still bad. Spain however is still on rise. What about the UK? Agree vaccine is a long way off.

In NZ we have just reached 200 infections and no deaths; touch wood, but growing as Kiwi's return home. We are currently keeping 200,000 foreigners safe though so that raises other problems. See the land of AUS now has 12 deaths and their east coast is really bad.

We went into full lockdown this week with everybody except essential services having to stay home. Think Aussie may be following suit but I think their other restrictions still trail our own. Have to commend our government for their strong action. Big worry still is Africa where infection is starting to rise and with few resources to fight with. The USA is also a worry.

I have plenty of projects and am getting on with them. Had noticed seeming lack of UK/Europe rally tracks but thought perhaps track owners getting sick of work involved in running. WRP in earlier SCX format had up to 60 entries but was this just too many. From my experience 24 was enough work.

One of the reasons I am keen to hold NZ rally round is with Canam and Group 5 Saloons I had trouble getting others to help as I was the only one really interested in proxy racing. With rally events I can run by myself or with minimal help. Everybody to their own.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Hi Phil and Mel. Yes waiting for that with anticipation. Comparing with my car over series however appears better on some courses and worse on others so may not be greatest guide. Mine generally performed well or very well on rally tracks but was really bad on road courses.

Would be interesting to hear what modifications you undertook too.

Hope all is well with my Tassy cousins. NSW seems to be hit bad. All well here in NZ. Last time I looked Tassy looked considerably better than mainland so I hope this continues. East coast (NSW) appears to be getting the brunt.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Edited by charlesx

Leo if you look back through the results for the series , you will notice the special cars were on the average in the top 8 which is roughly the same as most of the top runners , Charles some of the cars started of well, and lost performance as the series went on , guessing tyres might be a factor , noticed some started the series with well scrubbed tyres so possibly ran into not enough meat on the bone so to speak so performance dropped of , my car started of quite low down and in my case i used a brand new set of tyres lightly scrubbed , knowing i would loose a bit of performance in the early rounds .

And my thoughts were right as the series got into the last third my car started to show what it could do and at the end the car had hit that sweet spot, i actually ran that car on my race circuit the other night and it is remarkably good but the tyres don't have much life left in them , definitly not enough for another series , so when ever it happens again and we use these cars , i expect my car not to be that competative at the early races as the tyres will stand the rear of the car just a little bit high like this series.

Think if i remember rightly Mondeo man was pretty consistant all the way through, nicely prepared car from start to finish.

Hi Peter Gunn/Keith.

My car only had tyres lightly sanded but started proxy well with a 1st and 2nd in first 3 rounds. It also finished reasonably well but was very sad in middle. Have to agree your car just got better and better. I am also sure what you say about Mondeo is spot on but I must have a look.

I am inclined to think it was just as much the characteristics of the tracks raced on. My Metro was clearly no match for your Ford RS200 on those road circuits but was OK and sometimes very good on pure rally tracks. I still ended up 7th overall so I was quite happy with that.

Have not got my car back yet (postponed as I was due to go overseas - now cancelled) but tyres have still been good previously and I have often used on other cars. I am still running my SCX Toyota on its original tyres.

I will have to wait and see my car but virus may delay deliveryI . As said previously however I am very keen to see report on trial cars Phil prepared.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Mel,

a package arrived today, now quarantined in the greenhouse, as the postie that delivered it was not wearing gloves!

I'm recovering from cancer, so can't be too careful. I'll let the UV smother the coronas.

Hope everyone is OK in these challenging times.

Simon

Whats not to like...........