Fastest Car

Sports Racer

This is probably going to result in a dozen different responses but one of the clubs I race with has an 1/32 unlimited class where anything goes except no magnets allowed.

What would you recommend?

I'm thinking Lexan body, foam tyres and brass chassis, probably Plaffit but I do like the idea of using the 1/32 Cheetah chassis.

chassis7.jpg

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

The type of track surface (and possibly adding what tyre treatment is allowed) will determine the grip.

That will determine the tyres to be used.

The size and style of track will determine whether you want a short wheelbase car like a classic sports, or a larger car like an LMP or GT1.

It will also determine how much motor you can practically throw at it.

But certainly something with the weight low down will rule, so a steel chassis such a plafit or something nicked from "the dark side" of glue-magnet racing, and lexan body seems a logical start point

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

My Scaleauto Viper is the fastest car I've built...

Currently beating plaffit chassis in GT3 proxy...

Yabbut Gas - that's not a fair comparison - you built the Viper :lol: :lol: :lol:

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Eurosport chassis - I'm in lust! Does anyone in Australia stock them?

The LMP's rule on all the tracks I race on and most of the tracks are nontechnical - wood with big curves and decent straights.

Edited by Sports Racer

Paul It will depend on the track as well.

Open fast flowing track will suit the Eurosport, Brass or other metal chassis fitted with Lexan body and foam Tyres.

Properly set up they may only be marginally faster than plastic but much more consistant over a race.

You have driven some if my brass and metal cars to know just how easy they are to do consistant laps.

Foam and goo make a big difference, going back to rubber tyres reduces the advantage of these chassis.

It's because of you Phil that I'm going down the brass chassis route. I still remember how quick your 1/32 Int chassis was and I just bought 2 on Facebook going cheap.

It will be intereting to see how well they go against the other cars in this open class.