Dates are sorted. Entries are open. Numbers limited to 24 for space

Last year we were just short of a full field. - I already have 7 entries for this year, so get in quick

DTM2020.jpg

Entry Form

Rules

Guys, I am sure we are still going to be wading neck deep in Covid-19 in June. Things are moving fast, but it's not going to go away fast.

So better to pull the pin now - and see what happens as we roll through winter.

So the DTM Classic is canceled - or at least suspended in the wild hope that we may be out the other side by Spring - though I don't believe so.

I'll email entrants over the next day or two, and arrange refunds of entry fees.

Woohoo.  We're back in business.

New dates set for August. 
Entrants for the original dates - I will get am email away next day or two, with other details
around the Saturday night Shindig, accommodation and prizes.
But I know the Mac is stumping up some ethylated grape juice.

DTM2020Poster.jpg

The trophies arrived today. The field is filling up, just 4 driver entries left available now.

trophy1.jpg

trophy2.jpg

And I should add - Mac is throwing in some vino, and Rhys is throwing in one of his hand made wooden breadboards which are lovely native timber in checkerboard pattern.

We're up to 21 now, Rod's wee venture to the red cross brigade went well and he has joined the party. 

Ok after much searching for a driver with all the goods,I'm entering the DTM Classic with some specially fettled German equipment from piebone works ex USA Corp.

The goods will be leaving asap so the driver can get to grips with his New machine and develop a plan to dominate the season.

Watch this space you spaceheads

Edited by pieguy
Because

We will beef up the scrutineering team to ensure your car receives the attention it deserves. :) 
Mac can strip it down, and we'll hold a competition to see how fast three different guys can reassemble it blindfolded after we count the armature windings and drill the tyres Dennis Connor style to make sure they are a consistent thickness.

We have a full field of 24, (plus one above) and at this stage, 2 non driving slotter attendees coming to give their mates moral support.
Basically, you will be fed and watered at Thunder Road from the entry fees; apart from any extra cold drinks you need , during the racing by the lovely mrs "Race Catering"  [ I dare you to call her that to her face . . .  ]

I am waiting on the new menu from The Loading Ramp, for the after match function on Saturday night, then I'll flick off an email update, with the full schedule 

Nice job DC. I wondered what a Merc would look like in true Marlboro colors.

Watch the hood Merc badge, I'd take it off for racing as once it falls off, you'll never see it again( how do I know this....experience)!

- Orakei Racer:)

15 hours ago, miked said:

Nice job DC. I wondered what a Merc would look like in true Marlboro colors.

Watch the hood Merc badge, I'd take it off for racing as once it falls off, you'll never see it again( how do I know this....experience)!

Thanks Mike, I do have a spare badge

After first testing at Mark's on Thursday night it is running sweet, real easy to push hard and stays in the slot

On 7/24/2020 at 8:31 PM, miked said:

I know right ....  I did like three shakedown laps with my Merc - no offs  - badge  gone :huh:    more aero now I guess...

• Like 1

the Piebone Works Racing cars are in the country...the new wheel man will have his slippy hands on them and will be flogging the shite outa them.

hes also expert Nerfer to boot....THE ONE AND ONLY SSSNAKE!!!!

Since being on the mean streets of the capital city for the last fewer years he's become a harden fast and furious driver, BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID 

Hi all
All entrants should have received this email earlier today....

This is just a “watch this space” email due to the discovery of community Covid cases in Auckland

We will know more in the next couple of days.  Next week there is a possibility of

·        a return to the new normal level one,

·        an extension of level two around the country,

·        or a heightened alert level around the country – and Auckland in particular.

As we will be in very close contact in a very full building (29 entrants and one supporter, plus Race Catering)........ if we are at alert level two or above due to expectation of wider community spread, we will have to postpone the DTM. If we cannot proceed due to the Covid situation, I am in favour of “suspending” to consider a future date, so long as it doesn’t infringe on Tony’s labour weekend shindig in Nelson

So lets take a couple days to see what happens

• Like 1