2020 Atcc/bathurst Proxy

David Carter

i would like to enter with an SCX renault 8 (they raced in the 60s). But the car is so narrow and tall that i cannot compete with the torana in the narrow category. I have a national racer chassis for it but it does have a POD system... https://www.shapeways.com/product/AHPUC2ENE/chassis-scx-scalextric-renault-8-gordini-in-aio?optionId=124288018&li=marketplace

is it a no way in the competition?

i would like to enter with an SCX renault 8 (they raced in the 60s). But the car is so narrow and tall that i cannot compete with the torana in the narrow category. I have a national racer chassis for it but it does have a POD system... https://www.shapeway...&li=marketplace

is it a no way in the competition?

You can run the pod system , but it has to be locked up , either screws done up tight or pod is glued so it can't move .

First off, welcome to the south side.

To add photos you'll need a photo hosting site like postimage (https://postimages.org/) which is pretty straight forward to use. I know 'cos I can use it.

Load your photos on there and then click on the photo and the page will look a bit like this

snip-1.png

click on 'share' in the top left corner and the page will look a bit like this.

snip-2.png

When this page comes up go down to 'Hotlink for forums and click on the blue icon on the right. "Copied" will come up.

Now go back to your post on Auslot and 'right click' and hit 'paste' where you want the photo attached and the url will be added.

NB- edit your images and resize to 800 wide before adding

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Um ZackM nice car. Are numbers allowed to duplicate? I was thinking of entering a similar Penske Camaro#6.http://Arrolds%20Camaro_2.jpg

I haven't used photobucket in years. Now why did they have to go put their logo and link over the picture. Surprised my username and password still worked. If it were in the corner I might feel better about it. Oh well.

Edited by ArroldN

MOPAR or NOCAR YES IT'S A HEMI

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, GAS41T said:

Hi guys 

im having a rest with slot cars 

I lost my father so funeral today...

it was great knowing you all regards
Ross Edwards 

Sorry to hear Ross, take a break, spend time with family and come back to us when you are ready we will still be here. 

Echoing them above Ross.  

Grieve and heal, remember all the good times. We'll see you when you're ready.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Sorry to hear about your loss Rossko

I have been super busy since being back to work after lock down, it is sad to hear some are losing their jobs and businesses. My work has done very well out of all this drama due to the government throwing lots of money our way for pest and plant control

I will start getting things underway again and updated asap over the weekend

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Hi guy's, I am looking for 3 track hosts for the proxy.

Track will need to be a smooth wood routed track, not a feradore surface

I have 4 NZ and 1 AU track hosts so would be good to get a few more AU tracks to make it worth sending the cars over the ditch

Hope to hear from you

Cheers

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

You have the 2 tracks in Auckland, Orakei Raceway and the Henderson club track.

There is one more smaller but really good track in Auckland I know of, I can ask the guy if he is keen, I would expect he would be fine with it if ya get stuck.

• 1 month later...

Hi David just wondering how things are going along for this proxy , way things are going up in the northern hemersphere looking like the virus is getting worse in so many places , have 2 cars ready to go but is it going to be possible to run anything there ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Sorry I have not been around much but I have been very busy

With all the TB reactions in cattle that on quite a few farms in  Hawkes Bay as of late, work has gone absolutely mental as Ospri is in panic mode 

With all this covid 19 situation as of late and given NZ has gone up in alert levels and with the uncertainty around what is going to happen, I have decided to postpone the proxy until next year

Hopefully things will be looking a hole lot better

I will maintain the list of entrants 

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

17 minutes ago, David Carter said:

Hi guys

Sorry I have not been around much but I have been very busy

With all the TB reactions in cattle that on quite a few farms in  Hawkes Bay as of late, work has gone absolutely mental as Ospri is in panic mode 

With all this covid 19 situation as of late and given NZ has gone up in alert levels and with the uncertainty around what is going to happen, I have decided to postpone the proxy until next year

Hopefully things will be looking a hole lot better

I will maintain the list of entrants 

Sounds fair to me I want to make some major alterations to the Jag but am going to be busy setting up the new house and man cave the next few months so you have bought me some time. 

I am building a plastic track so I will see what sort of magnetic impact engines have and maybe add mine to the track list if I can have it running for you. You have bought me some time there too. Might throw the cat amongst the pigeons having something completely different to run on.