2020 Atcc/bathurst Proxy

David Carter

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed I didn't post this when I opened the proxy

So here it is

Once car details and payment have been confirmed, that entry will then become officially placed 'on the grid'.

Entries will only be officially accepted once full payment has been received with entrant’s name and car details.

at this stage there is a maximum of 24 cars to be entered in the 2018 ATCC/Bathurst Proxy Series so the first 24 cars that are officially accepted get to race.

if there is enough interest I will look at allowing a few more cars to be entered and race

Entry fees will be – NZ20.00, AU20.00, US20.00, EURO15.00 per car. The entry fee is non refundable.

If you are from outside of the Napier area it would be best to e-mail me [mini70clubman@gmail.com] for payment details, that way I can keep track much easier, I wouldn’t want any one to miss out.

If you are unable to determine if the car you want to enter is suitable for ATCC/Bathurst check this linkhttps://www.google.c...nFQgeiW9YR30n6f { go to bottom of page and there is a list of years for Australian Touring Car Championship from 1960 - 1998 just remember this proxy only goes up to 1990} and consult with Mr Google. If that fails then you can e-mail me with the details you have or ask in this thread

Please note that I won’t do any research for you. To make a decision I will need => car make and model, livery, year it raced, driver and number that raced it, which track and date at that track it was raced.

I will make a call and let you know if it fits or not.

the first 24 cars that are officially accepted get to race.

At this stage I will only accept 1 car per entrant to allow more guys to enter. If there is room later on, I will open up for double entries to a maximum of two cars Entries will close late April or earlier if a full field of 24 cars has been reached.

I will keep you all posted via this forum on how the entries are going.

Once there is a full field of 24 cars or if there is room for more Cars to be entered, I will advise this on this forum at an appropriate time.

on the proviso that the 2 cars must not be in the same class

I will keep you all posted in this forum about how the entries are progressing and if/when there is room to allow double entries. Once a car has been officially accepted it cannot be exchanged for another car.

ATCC/Bathurst cars need to get to me for the Tech Check no later than late April

That gives you plenty of time to get your car ready to race and to me for the Tech Check.

Cars can be sent to me for the tech check at any time before final date, my address is……..

David Carter

15 Chester St

Taradale 4112

Napier

New Zealand

Cars will be checked as they arrive, if for some reason a car doesn’t pass the Tech Check I will contact the owner via e-mail/PM and go from there.

Once the car passes the Tech Check it will be safely impounded until required for the 1st race

and I will post a pic of the car with owners name and some car details

there will be 8 Races that make up the Series but only the best 7 results will be included for the points tally.

Get your cars ready to race!!!!!!!

2020 ATCC/Bathurst Proxy Series Race format

There are to be 8 races, however only the best 7 race results go towards the championship title.

All racing is to be of a timed format only. Total race length of each race is to be 8 OR 9 minutes.

The minimum total race time per car should be no shorter than 8 minutes total race time. eg. 2 minutes per lane

on a four lane track, and 3 minutes per lane on a three lane track with partial laps recorded in no less detail than 10th of lap.

Race Points

All cars will be allocated points based on their overall finishing position of each race irrespective of their class.

At the end of the race the winner is awarded 100 points, 2nd place gets 98 points, 3rd place gets 96 points etc………

(no points will be awarded for qualifying)

the worst race result for each entrant will not be counted for the class championship.

ie; only the best 7 results from 8 races will count towards the Proxy Series championship.

If any Penalty points are incurred during initial scrutineering they will be taken off the earned points from Race 1.

Any other Penalty points incurred will be taken off the earned points when appropriate.

DISCLAIMER

The organizer of the 2018 ATCC/Bathurst proxy Series is David Carter

During the setting up and running of this series Dave may co-opt local hosts or others to assist in determining matters arising.

The organizer’s decision is final and no appeal is available.

The organizer also reserves the right to withdraw any entry should the need arise.

Entrants should understand that no responsibility is accepted by the organizer, hosts or participants of any of the NZ Proxy Race Series for the loss and/or damage to your cars or equipment supplied either before, during or after the series is conducted

I will confirm due date and race schedule/dates asap when I have confirmed with track hosts

Thanks for your patience

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Entry list

Class A

David C - Holden Commodore (on the grid)

Vino- Jaguar XJS

Gas4it - Nissian R32

Wobble - 79 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Jimmyslots - 69 Chevrolet Camaro (on the grid)

Peter Gunn - XB Ford Falcon (on the grid)

The Boss - 69 Chevrolet Camaro (on the grid)

Aloha - XA-XC Ford Falcon

Orakei racer - XB/XC Ford

Munter - Rover Vitesse 3500

Con-hob 69 Camaro

Class B

Pepsi62 - Holden Torana

Viv - Ford Mustang GT (Dick Johnson)

Edited by David Carter

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi DC

Still have a month to go before cars are due to be sent to you. Any thoughts about the impact of the Corona Virus on the running of the proxy.

Biggest challenge will be for track owners and if they can get enough people to help run a round or whether they even want to have a gathering of people in a small area if NZ has a major outbreak.

I for one if I stay fit and healthy would be prepared to just run the round myself, may take me awhile to run 1 car at a time on 4 lanes but I have done qualifying like this so possible (I believe Munter has done this for other Proxies)and it maybe the case I won't have much else to do if we have full lock down, though I would have to travel to the track.

The other consideration would be if there is contamination of the cars from handling then they are getting shipped to other people - would track owners need to disinfect the cars before sending them off to the next track.

Food for thought.

Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Glad you guy's are thinking that way. I have been thinking about that and after discussing it with some of my club members yesterday I have made the decision to postpone the proxy until further notice.

It looks like HBMRC is going to hold off having our weekly race night for awhile as some of our members have partners that are high risk

So if you haven't finished building your car yet you now have plenty of time to get it finished and fine tuned

I will let everyone know new dates etc when all this has settled down and things are getting back to normal again

Stay safe everone

• Upvote 2

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Thanks David I thought this might happen so didn’t pay the entry yet, it might cost more by the time it is run. Plenty of time to get the car sorted now anyway. It had a half decent shakedown a week ago and I found it needs some fine tuning. It was quick but needs to be quicker to compete with some of the fast cars.