2020 Atcc/bathurst Proxy

David Carter

I am officially announcing the 2020 ATCC/Bathurst proxy

I will be opening up for entries from the 1st February 

first race will be sometime in April (I will confirm this date asap)

I will confirm all race dates as they are confirmed

at this stage there will be 8 races with the best 7 going to the total points tally

all tracks will be wood routed tracks only

There is a maximum of 6 of each model (irrespective of livery or brand) that can be entered.

etc : no more than 6 Ford Falcons or 6 Holden Toranas

There will be a maximum of 24 cars but if the is enough interest I may open it up a little

here are the official rules 

Australian Touring Car Championship / Bathurst Proxy

ATCC/Bathurst Proxy

Cars that raced in the Australian Touring Car Championship and Bathurst { the great race } from 1960 - 1990

at this stage there will be 2 classes based on body width

cars must be reasonable 1/32 scale representations of an original style of ATCC/Bathurst car 

must be no more than 10% under or over true 1/1 scale

CLASS A cars with a body width of 56mm - 63mm

CLASS B cars with a body width of up to 55.9mm

This has changed from last time so as to drop cars like the Torana into class B

BODY

must be made from plastic or resin

no vac formed bodies allowed

must have windows and must be clear

lexan windows are allowed

a small amount of material may be removed from the inside of body for the purpose of clearance for the wheels/tyres and body float only

mirrors,wipers are not needed and can be removed as so not to get damaged or lost

No external alterations to size of wheel arches, wings, or roof line allowed, other than for the purpose “correcting” one model of similar lineage into the correct body characteristics of the actual version raced

fantasy liveries are allowed but must be of the time period in which the model of car raced in

race numbers must be present and in the correct position for the time period

INTERIOR

car must have a interior with roll cage fitted and no chassis/wheels components should be seen while looking from above

pancake style interiors are allowed

driver,steering wheel, seats,dash and roll cage must be 3D

Driver must consist of at least half arms, shoulder's and head with period helmet made from plastic or resin

roll cage can be made from plastic, resin or brass/wire

steering wheel must be made from plastic or resin 

no vac formed drivers,steering wheels or roll cages

CHASSIS

chassis must be of a non podded design in a sidewinder, inline or anglewinder set up

chassis material may be made of plastic, resin, circuit board,carbon fiber,fiber glass, brass and piano wire, metal 

but no super high performance metal chassis allowed { if you are unsure just ask in the proxy thread }

chassis can be modified

motor pods may be used for ease of engineering purposes but must be glued to chassis or run tight

bracing of guide mount, chassis and motor to axle bushes is allowed using any material

free choice of axles, spacers and axle bushes

free choice of RTR guide and must not be seen when looking from above { must fit under the body }

only one guide may be fitted

all 4 wheels must touch set up board { no tri-pod set ups }

3D printed chassis like shapeways are a good way of setting up a car with a better style and motor set chassis

so long as they fit with the motor pod use rule

NOTE : IF USING A SLOT-IT WOOD GUIDE IT IS BEST TO REMOVE APPROX 1MM OFF OF THE BOTTOM

AS SOME TRACKS CAN HAVE GUIDE BOTTOMING OUT ISSUES

GEARS/MOTOR

motor must be 18k max according to manufacturer's specs and must be of a RTR brand

motor shaft can be shortened for clearance purposes 

free choice of motor wires and braids

free choice of any RTR brand gears and gear ratio allowed

WHEELS/TYRES

free choice of wheels but must have 15.8 x10 max size (this has changed from the 15 from last time)

period inserts must be fitted

free choice of tyres but no silicon's (if unsure on what works best just ask in the proxy thread)

Rear tyres must have a max width of 10mm in contact with the track

friction free coatings on front tyres are allowed but must be clear and stable

coning or filing of front tyres is allowed so long as there is a minimum of 2mm width contact with set up board

all tyres must be black in color

all wheels/tyres must be within the diamentions of the body except for the front wheels which may be set up with a camber so long as the top of the tyre is within the body diamentions 

wheels must be centered in the wheel arches with in + or - 1mm

NO TYRE TREATMENT ALLOWED

BALLAST

ballast weight is allowed 

must be fitted with in the chassis and body 

CLEARANCE

all chassis components { except guide } must have a .75mm clearance from the front axle to the rear of chassis including the gears at tech check 

then a minimum of .5mm for the rest of the rounds

body must have a minimum of .5mm at the front and minimum of .75mm from rear of front wheel arches to the rear of the body

please use your common sense as a guide

I have lowered the clearance rule from past proxy's to help make it a bit easier to set up

cars that are deemed to low and may cause track surface damage by host will not run in that round 

all will be checked on cars arrival 

I have tried to make these rules to allow a reasonable amount of freedom with building/setup but have the cars looking fairly good on the track 

THE ONUS IS ON THE ENTRANT TO MAKE SURE CARS ARE BUILT/SET UP TO THE RULES ABOVE

So make sure you read them carefully and if you are unsure on anything just ask and I will try to clarify 

PENALTIES

1 - non-compliant mechanical and car set up issues including wheels/tyres at scrutineering - 5 points per non compliant round

2 - repair of mechanical failure deemed not to be caused - 5 points

primarily by accident damage 

3 - car not run due to hosts discretion because of clearance issues - no points will be awarded for that round 

4 - All other non-specified events requiring vehicle work penalty - if any will be based on a principle of reasonable fairness to all entrants at sole discretion and decision of the organizers 

I will post info on entry fee costs, due date etc when I open the series on the 1st February 

I look forward to another great series of race ring

Cheers

Dave 

Edited by David Carter

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Looks like with the removal of the rear wing, and a small one added as well as a bit of trimming to the front spoiler, you could slip the new slot-it 190E (92 version) into the 88-90 class run by Phil Ward, but alas it won't be here until April - June.

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Ahh a change in the rules just want to check that i can use the Merc 190E by slot it noticed it ran there in 1990 .

Ran in the ATCC from 1988 (Phil Ward), but as per the post above, you'll need some cosmetic surgery on it, that's if it's allowed.

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

That was my thought Gary got a white kit in front of me here, think the wing is a easy chop take a couple of mm out of the uprights , not much to do on the front spoiler a scaple can't take care of , must admit does look right , didn't think of it until David changed the rules , was going to run a 69 Camero , just waiting for approval to run it .

The slot it merc 190e also has flared out wheel arches. For that body to be allowed you would need to correct that as well. The body needs to look period so if you are willing to go the lengths to get the body looking correct it should fit in

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick note, cars like the xa-xc falcon will be classed as the same car as it was last time around.

Entry for the 2020 ATCC proxy are now open

To kick things off I will be entering a Holden Commodore, looking at converting one of Munters VK resin bodies in to a VB-VC

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Entry list

Class A

David C - Holden Commodore

Vino- Jaguar XJS

Gas4it - Nissian R32

Wobble - 79 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Jimmyslots - 69 Chevrolet Camaro

Peter Gunn - XB Ford Falcon