Sign in to follow this  
mus-28

Scalextric A9X Hatchback

Just announced as part of the 2020 catalogue. Being produced in Bob Morris colours. Hopefully this opens the door for the Brock and Grice versions in the future.

82026319_1346173415544358_915864920757633024_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=JPupiLoolDcAQkajaFMk5reO3DDf6uirugTf4JqkxUiw65miAFC46_Qaw&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=d7beb72df221c7fe19bb87803946150f&oe=5EA474A0

Yep some interesting models coming this year. No Falcon's by the looks which is a pity.

Is that body wider than the 4 door?

You read my mind . but it would be nice if Scaley had gone a bit "liberal" with the scale width...

We race the Touring cars now, and it has been turning into a Falcoooon XC class because they are so much wider than anything else.

And hello Sports Racer, long time no see

A little teaser with regards to the upcoming Scalextric C4157, here is a photo taken by Neil Stratton at Oran Park, ATCC 1979. At first I thought it was the four door (which as far as I can recall having seen just three photos of ever, and only one of them in color) but it was the camera angle that made it hard to tell (and looked a bit like the 4 door). Neil has confirmed it is in fact the hatchback version of the A9X, interesting noting a few obvious differences to Harvey's car. Image shared here with kind permission of the photographer, Neil Stratton who owns the copyright.

Below the color image by Neil is the 4 door, I am sorry I don't remember whose photo or any of the details.

Brock-Harvey.png

DKBrock.png

Gonna be a mad scramble to get the Brock Hatchback as no doubt there'll be the usual suspects buying up then selling them at inflated prices down the track.

Gonna be a mad scramble to get the Brock Hatchback as no doubt there'll be the usual suspects buying up then selling them at inflated prices down the track.

And then you walk into one of the quieter hobby shops and spot some old stock sitting on a shelf at original list price. I wonder, do they actually sell at the inflated prices on the various online sales sites?

I’ve ordered all my 2020 Scalextric cars, two of each Torana, one driver and one shelf queen, three each of the race Falcons one road Falcon, one each of the GT4 Mustangs but I might buy a second to turn into my car, one race Capri and I can’t remember the others.

Gonna be an expensive year for slot cars.

Maybe not hatchback, but still Torana related, there are several of the different L34 four doors that just appeared on the “Scalextric Australia” Facebook group for sale, asking price is reasonable. “Very minimal use” is the claim. I don’t know the person and if you are looking for the discontinued models here might be a chance. I’d be into them if I wasn’t so skint at the moment.