Steve Mcqueen Le Mans Tribute Track.

downtowndeco

Just one, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

This is awesome, although I have seen and was following your progress from your old SCI thread, I remain amazed.

Hope you can post some of the progression photos from the old thread too.

I know that the track plan is nothing like Le Mans. The space I had to work with was only 12' x 6', so even if I tried to stuff any sort of Le Mans configuration into the space all I would have ended up with is a lumpy oval, especially since this is 1/32 instead of HO. The actual circuit is 8+ miles around, so baring having a gymnasium to work with there were always going to be compromises. I decided on this plan, added a shelf extension of about 10" so I could create a version of the grandstands & pits. I think if I add the correct scenic elements & cars that 9 out of 10 people are going to walk in and go , "Oh, hey, it's Le Mans!". Hope so anyway. : ) This layout will definitely be a lesson in selective compression.

Edited by downtowndeco

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did a little more work on the layout. I still need to add some signs and figures to this area. The second photo shows a temporary cardboard backdrop I'm testing out, to see how basically looks visually. This section of the layout will be a part of the "forest" section of Le Mans. Since I don't have room for a forest, a few trees with a "forest" background will have to suffice. I want to have at least one section that has the bottoms of the trees painted white, like they used to do on the circuit. Questions?

Rw4mCOY.jpg

NJUvwXA.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

A little more progress. I added some bushes & trees to the landscaped section. These sections are not glued in place yet, so I can remove them for further detailing. I still need to add more trees & some clusters of spectators. I am trying to place the trees so that tehy do not create view blocks. Any questions?

9Rr1Df2.jpg

​​​​​​​eGkexac.jpg

Great idea to have the sections removable to be able to work on them at a later date.

Good idea for someone like myself who has so much movement of the track due to the changing weather conditions.

Still love those Grandstands though.

Awesome work

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...