International Proxy Series 2020 Registration And Rules

alexis in greece

We're lucky on the Isle of Man, we've been covid-free now for 49 days.  There would be no problem running the IoM round.  Sooner or later there will be a vaccine, then the rest of the world can start getting back to normal.

I'd rather wait, I can't see why the cars would need any prep as they've not been used and I'm sure if there are any squeaks or simple tyre issues that Alexis can handle them.

Returning the cars is going to incur further costs and with the current problems I'd rather know my car and the other three I sent for other club members are all safe together.

Life is like a box of Slot cars...B)

How about this for an idea, run them in Greece, then ship them to the next club which is currently free of Covid restrictions (IoM is one of them) then we can ship them to wherever is free next.  

Don't think that is a goer Kevan , look at where we are going most of the areas have spikes , ok your ok for the moment in I.O.M but it may not be that way for long with visitors coming , the way your thinking this 2020 series would run well into  2021, if were hanging around for a club to be virus free, as regards the costs we've already paid so the return journey is taken care of , just write 2020 of and let's plan for a bigger and better IPS in 2021 if the virus allows it.

Our borders are shut to visitors.

This proxy is probably going to run into 2021 anyway...possibly even 2022, do we start and wait one venue at a time which could take 12 months or do we cancel and wait for a global all-clear which could take another 12 months.

...and who's to say this pandemic isn't going to be a one-off!

My car was returned uncollected from Greek postal service, I'm sure I'm not alone. How many cars do you have Alexis?

5 minutes ago, Scuderia_Turini said:

If Alexis could arrange for 4 races in his local community that would be enough for me. Proxy events die if they are not run timeously.

Leo

Do you mean 4 races locally for the whole proxy to decide a proxy winner then send all the cars back to their owners?...or do you mean the events in Greece then send them to the next venue?

8 hours ago, alexis in greece said:

I am very sorry for that it is the first time this happes since we moved into this apartment in 1992.I have 23 cars including 2 mine

Hopefully mine returns home soon also.  If so, I can resend unless the proxy has started.  I’ve been working on my 2021 car as a new chassis has been built and now I’m finishing the body. 

On 7/10/2020 at 8:27 PM, Kevan said:

Do you mean 4 races locally for the whole proxy to decide a proxy winner then send all the cars back to their owners?...or do you mean the events in Greece then send them to the next venue?

Hello Kevan,  I mean 4 races locally.  Rather than simply return the cars without any running time.

Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

1 hour ago, Scuderia_Turini said:

Hello Kevan,  I mean 4 races locally.  Rather than simply return the cars without any running time.

Leo

Sorry Leo, that wasn't any clearer than your previous post.

This is mine and another club members first proxy, a lot of us missed out on last years 30's proxy when it was our clubs turn to host a round and I don't want to miss out on this one too.  I'd rather wait than lose the chance to see the cars first hand and run the IoM round, we've waited this long so I don't see why we can't wait longer.

Edited by Kevan

52 minutes ago, Kevan said:

Sorry Leo, that wasn't any clearer than your previous post.

Hello Kevan,  the full text would have been "I mean - " 4 races locally for the whole proxy to decide a proxy winner then send all the cars back to their owners" "
My premise is that International shipping is still very slow so trying to get event continuity across borders will be difficult and the entrants will lose interest. Loss of continuity is frustrating for all entrants and the hosts who may have a narrow time-frame in which to run their round.

WRP 2009 suffered from a long delay when the cars were shipped from Canada to Australia by boat -

My revised suggestion - 4 races in Greece then transfer the cars to the IoM and for a few races and return the cars directly to owners from IoM (Alexis could include the individual boxes).

Leo

Linky:-

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

Rather pointless just running part of the series , let's face facts this is not going away at least this year , just look at the news spikes all over the world , and as i,ve said before interest will only wane like it did a couple of years ago when it took around a year to get the series done, time to call it a day and reform in 2021.

So, unless I have this very much incorrect - Greece can run 4 - 5 rounds; I.O.M. can run 1 - 2 rounds; Australia ( me ) can run a round today if needs be ( we're that ready to go... , sadly I'm unaware of any other potential Aust. hosts at this time ); I'll go out on a limb here and suggest my mate Dale in Hawaii could run a round...

So that looks like 8 or 9 rounds to start with, and if other hosts can be sorted, so much the better...

Maybe I'm just keen to get things going....

Cheers, Tony.

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

It's probably a great idea to float these ideas around the other forums, some are busier than others and not everyone is a member of this forum.

Let's gather a list of venues that can 100% run a round even if it means limited persons running it.

I knew this was coming...That’s why I pulled out.

Be careful Kevan any talk of new ideas for proxy’s is a no no from experience...All the old guys are set in there ways...The hobby will die with them imo...I lost my father so I’m havING a break from slot cars ...I’ll be back in the new year good luck guys

We lost a long time club member on Wednesday, Mike Dove passed away suddenly after a long long battle with health issues.  He was a proxy fan and was one of the reasons I got interested jumping onboard last year.  We raced on Thursday night and stood together for a minutes silence to remember him.  Times like this put a sense of perspective on things, we're only here once, we better get liking it whilst we can.

6 hours ago, Kevan said:

It was good to see you got your 908 GTS back...a grand looking car B) ...I often enter one in our Slot Rally

Yes, I was truly looking forward to competing with the mild changes to hopefully gain a little pace and run in the top 10.   Hopefully Alexis will let you guys know what’s going to happen soon as he’s posted on other topics.  We have managed in the States to start a few proxies with a couple of rounds being handled by clubs in areas where rates are decreasing or where social distancing can maximized only.  With hosts declaring they feel safe prior to having cars sent off to them.  It may be a great way to kick off the proxy, in the Isle of Man and run 3-4 rounds if possible and the team is willing.  Heck I may send the 904 there!

Edited by Brumos RSR