International Proxy Series 2020 Registration And Rules

alexis in greece

...According to the ELTA announcement, for “all mailed items marked as free by the Customs Authorities, ie without customs declaration, the customs duty was and remains zero.”

Isn't this where we are at, we aren't buying/selling, we're just sending a parcel to a friend so there shouldn't be any duty.

Life is like a box of Slot cars...B)

It was one of those attempts of the goverment imposing a new hidden tax but the reaction was so intense that they had to take it back.

BUT to keep on the safe side please follow the instructions posted by Arroldn when filling the customs form

Complete name and address information for both shipper and consignee

Phone numbers for both shipper and consignee

My address

Alexis Gaitanis

33 Bakoyanni str

Vrilissia

15235 Greece

Phone +302108033402

Terms of Sale (Incoterm) : Not for resale used toy for proxy race to be returned to sender no commercial value

Reason for export

A complete description of the item :Used toy car not for resale

A nominal or fair market value must be stated for items of no commercial value:

-mark it as a gift or "the item is to be returned not for sale would ".At any rate and in order to leave no doubt as for the items value

mark it under US$20.00 but not zero

Some years ago a US entrant had marked value of the 2 cars US$400 and customs asked for US$250,the cars were returned to sender

Edited by alexis in greece
gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Alexis,

Is there a chance of some leniency on the tech date being 20th March.

Due to the tyre fiasco, I have only just received my new tyres and won't have a chance to finalise my car till the weekend.

Posting form Aus will probably take 3 weeks so am cutting it very fine.

Things are not normal here, schools,universities,organised beaches,restaurants,malls,theaters,museums..... are closed.Only shops selling food ,raw or takeaway,medicins etc are open and there is control to those who enter,in pharmacies for example max 2 persons allowed in the shop at any time the rest waiting outside at 1,5 metres distance from eachother.We are up to 238 coronavirus cases ,4 deaths.Being in the high risk group i avoid going out as much as possible.Under these circumstances i excpect serious delays in postal deliveries (my last order fro Pendles took twice the average time to arrive)and most cars to arrive late,I am sure we will not be able to run the first round as planned not so much because of late arrivals but because of people (me included) being afraid to be exposed to the virus.Local club championship is paused.Dont panic, i consider it a force majeur case and will make sure every car is present and everybody is safe before we start

To true Alexis , slot cars are on the back burner now , think next week we will find us under a lot more restrictions here , gradually building up , and most people i know are in that age group so things will be different here they are talking about over 70,s going into isolation for up to 4 months.

Thinking of many people i know in different parts of the world, just hope all will stay safe .

• 3 months later...

Just wondering if this event is going to run this year Alexis , as our cars will more than likely need some attention not being run , like the tyres and a grease up , might be an idea to think about sending the cars back and rethink for 2020 as this virus ain't going away from the world any time now .

Hi Keith 

In  Greece things are good so far counting around 50 molestations /day ,the majority being tourists,death tollin total  to just over 190.The critical month will be August when it will be hard to convince   citizens to abstend from traditional open air festivals .Another unknown is the impact from the tourist flood expected (we have to take the risk as we need the money).

Post wise it seems things are improving, last parcel to UK took 12 days versus 3 weeks previously and 6  days during pro covid era. 

I keep the cars in 3 boxes ,safe from dust,temperatures <30 deg ,siting on their sides to avoid flat spotting the tires

Starting now  i think it is impossible as most clubs(at least the ones i know in the UK,Southend,Wolverhampton,North London) are closed 

Options:

- to wait until October as by then it would be clear whether there will be a new explosion of the pandemic or not and if things are good start then.

-use the existing local tracks (4 Ninco ,1 wood ,1 Policar) running solo the 6 (or 7  if we run Nick 's track untilockwise also  )rounds  (my cars will run but will not get points) then return the cars

-return the cars now

I am open to suggestions,should we vote?

Hi Alexis , looking at things generally around the world this virus is not going to improve much during the remainder of the year , many are getting spikes which seems to be pretty bad , as regards post yes some not to bad but some are pretty bad i have found the USA and Canada particullary bad .

I cannot see much changing by October and that is the period in the UK when the flu season starts so they are very worried about the virus still being here and mixing up with the flu, pretty hard to seperate both in the early stages they reckon and the later stages of the virus are nasty.

In my opinion the only thing we can do is return the cars and write 2020 of and see what the early parts of 2021 brings so we can judge then if it is possible to do something, regards Keith.

Welcome to the GPS - the Greek Proxy Series...

Alexis, you have the cars - you have some tracks - you may as well run them..... 

I'm sure a lot of people would like to see something ( anything ) for the time and expense invested in preparing and sending entries, rather than having them sit around for a period of time with nothing to show for it, and then be sent back unfulfilled.......

And this from someone who's not expecting any great results....

Cheers, Tony.

• Like 1

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?