International Proxy Series 2020 Registration And Rules

alexis in greece

• 2 weeks later...

Important notice for entrants outside the European Union.

Hellenic Post have changed their policy regarding clearence through customs.As i am in London returning sunday i could not get explanations on this subject.As i understand so far you might need to fill a form attached to the parcel.Anyway please donot post anything until you hear from me.

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Quote article explaining the issue

"Revenues Agency forbids Greek Post to raise €15 fee for small parcels

The Independent Public Revenues Authority AADE has cancelled the 15-euro fee imposed by the Greek Post for small parcels sent from third countries. AADE made clear that the Hellenic Post cannot design and implement customs practices policy.

The Greek Post decided to raise a 15-euro fee for small parcels from non-EU countries even if their value was below 22 euros. The measure triggered an outrage not only in Greece but around the world.

Recipients of parcels from non-EU countries have to pay a 15-euro fee to the Greek Post in order to receive their package. The price increase has gone into effect since February 3, 2020, the Hellenic Post (ELTA) said in a statement.

The measure has triggered reactions among consumers who make online purchases from non-EU countries, preferably from China and the USA – and soon also from UK?

Any item with a customs declaration will be subject to a “Customs Clearance”, the minimum amount of which was set at 15 euros, according to an ELTA circular.

Until recently, parcels outside of European countries that were charged with customs duties were those with a value of more than 22 euros.

According to the new regulations:

For parcels ranging from 0 to 22 euros, customs duties are 15 euros.

For parcels ranging from € 22 up to € 150, customs duties are € 15 + 24% VAT.

For parcels worth more than € 150, customs duties are € 15-50 depending on the cost of the package, + 24% VAT + customs duties.

According to the ELTA announcement, for “all mailed items marked as free by the Customs Authorities, ie without customs declaration, the customs duty was and remains zero.”

ELTA underlined that the fees are imposed by the Greek Customs Authorities and not the Hellenic Post."

You are correct, they intended to charge every small packet from outside EU 15 euros.It seems though that it did not go through.Anyway monday i will be at home and will have the complete info.And UK is in a transition status therefore not yet considered outside EU.until ,i think,the end of the year.