Coming From Sideways

SlotsNZ

The company went into hiding over the European summer - starting to wonder if Chris the owner has a secret life outside of Slot Cars . . . . . :lol::D

But over the past few weeks he has sprung back into life.

Here's some eye candy coming our way.

Toyota Celica - same livery as was done by MRRC. This one may be a tad quicker out of the box

sw67.jpg

A pair of fantasy livery gulf Stratos

hc07a.jpg

hc07b.jpg

And another beer goggles Capri-Stang

sw66.jpg

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Straight line speed has little bearing - utterly shite handling on wood. They needed a lot of work to get them to go well.

I had one way back.

Mac in our club made one go very well, but a lot of work.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Just heard some bad news. There has been a factory glitch in the production of the Toyota Celica, which is now pushed back to

release in Q1 2020

In a separate post you will see they are pulling release of the Nissan Skyline forward as a result, which will be made in December,

so should be our way in January

There is also another "LBH" - Lamborghini Huracan coming soon . . . well today actually, should arrive down under in December.

swcar01h.jpg

swcar01h-1.jpg

swcar01h-3.jpg

• 3 months later...

No news on the new release date for the Toyota Celica at top of page. Chris keeps things fairly close to his chest, but I am now wondering if it will be

Q3 before the moulds are done and it is slotted back into production, - the Corona-Virus is going tovreate big bottle necks of production in China

right through 2020.

Meanwhile in the other thread I have updated the ETA of the Skyline which replaces it in the 2020 Q1 release schedule.

Here is the other nice news

Due about the same time - as he completes local assembly, will be the white kit only of the new GT3 model BMW M6 - a running mate for the Huracan

swcar03k-2.jpg

swcar03k-6.jpg

swm6parts.jpg

Chassis: Podded - has a new extra rigid Sideways pod (red colour)

Motor: Sideways baby Raptor 17,000rpm 245gcm @12vdc for 10.4 watts, mounted a/winder 0.7mm offset

Axle & Gears - 2.38mm (3/32nd) 54.5mm front 55.5mm rear

Gearing: Spur 16mm 28 tooth ergal - Pinion 6.5mm 11t brass

Has adjustable height front axle - M2.0 Hex screws, supplied with car

Hubs front: Plastic 17.3mm x 8mm

Hubs rear: Alloy 17.3mm x 10mm

Tyres front: 19mm x 10mm ultra hard 70 shore

Tyres rear: 20mm x 11mm Pro-speed medium (22 shore) code: PS1Sw

I am a lazy beggar, so I will probably be waiting for race liveried models of the BMW.