#1 terry

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:52 PM

This is another little project which has been part of my convalescence,

Posted Image

i built this car around 2007, I had entered a couple of proxy events and was on a fairly steep turning curve, I can't recall why I built the Jag, but I'm thinking it was just about doing something a bit different,

I know the car is a little bit "weathered" but this is just about getting it back on track and giving it a run

Posted Image

Originally the car was using a TSRF guide and I've since removed that setup and installed a NSR guide, the car is a weighty 120 grams, which was almost the "norm" for those proxies I entered back then, a Slotit orange end bell motor, angle winder setup and sonic gears,

Ironically, the car has never fired a shot in competition, proxy racing now seems to be the domain of plastic chassis cars and this car would be too heavy I fear.

Posted Image

As was the thing for these scratchbuild proxy events sponge tyres were the most popular and the car has new sponge tyres fitted as such this gets around my track in around 4.2 sec laps which is about as fast as anything has gone, and its a lot of fun!

Edited by terry, 04 September 2019 - 09:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users