terry

Audi R8 Gt3 Sports Sedan

Like my previous post on my Brabham BT3 this is another little project during my convalescence

48647469736_0f7e9be186_z.jpg

Another one of those must do projects which has been gathering dust for too long, the body is a Ninco Pro race which I decided to leave pretty much alone, the track width is 60mm and although our Sports sedan class allows up to 70mm I decided to leave the body alone ( at this stage anyway)

48605346431_bf651df76d_z.jpg

I have used lots of different chassis in Sports Sedan but to do a brass and wire chassis is always too much fun.

Sometimes its not always as fast as the plastic chassis but more fun to build

Edited by terry

Cannot believe how long this build has taken!

I was never really happy with the way the car ran and as much as I wanted to keep the original chassis I finally relented and put a HRS together and now the car is turning some very respectable times.

Got some paint done and I scrounged around in my decal box and found some left over decals from Patto which have turned out okay.......

49752898007_631da33da2_k.jpg

49752030983_0df1f84f61_k.jpg

Edited by terry

Wow that looks purposeful. Nice work...

What is the class motor size?

Forgive me for not responding, our sports sedan class only allows for the BWA NC1 motor, which we can still get but its a bit more difficult now, time will dictate a change of spec, one day.

Hi Terry great job there , your colour certainly highlights the body shape, on the motor front i replaced my failing BWA's with Jack Rabbit 14k motor much more consistant and Mark Slotz NZ do them , that's where i get mine from .

Hi Terry great job there , your colour certainly highlights the body shape, on the motor front i replaced my failing BWA's with Jack Rabbit 14k motor much more consistant and Mark Slotz NZ do them , that's where i get mine from .

So, how does the Jack Rabbit motor compare to the BWA one, is the price similar?

Difficult to tell price wise as my BWA's came from the states originally so quite a hefty postage on them , contact Mark to get a price on them would have thought postage from NZ would be a lot cheaper to you .

I am only guessing but think the BWA was only $5US but the Jack Rabbit about $14NZ so not a lot of difference but as Terry said postage from the USA could tip scales.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Finally its pretty much finished, still headlight lenses to fit and a couple of coats of clear, but just about done, probably taken over 6 months to do but I'm just pleased to have got it done

49759606751_b9a66a3ec2_k.jpg

Edited by terry

49759929547_5b7308504f_k.jpg

Alongside my Marcos "sister" car built a little while ago now

Edited by terry

Great race team right there.

Which one is faster, and which would you reach for 1st? (not always the same one!)

The Marcos is the quicker at the moment,I haven't done lots of testing with the Audi but already I can see the Audi having a bit more than the Marcos

The wheels on the Audi are awesome.... hmmmmm I know someone who is currently messing around with wheel manufacture....

frats,

Rosco