Sign in to follow this  
mus-28

Mini Clubman Alteration

Has anyone removed the wheel flares on the Classic Mini Clubman and reduced the axle width to get a more realistic looking Mini?

There's room on the Chassis to cut the axles to get them flush with the body but not sure if taking 10mm off would make the car more unstable. I've shaved down the chassis to lower the ride height at the front and tubed the axle and it runs quite well, so I don't want to completely destroy it for aesthetics. .

Here's one that was modified the other way a few years ago

b_174911.jpg

Had a rough life, but fun to drive.

SCX bought out a few Mini's in 1970 as did Scalextric with what your looking for.

cvn_204905.jpg

b_204905.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Has anyone removed the wheel flares on the Classic Mini Clubman and reduced the axle width to get a more realistic looking Mini?

There's room on the Chassis to cut the axles to get them flush with the body but not sure if taking 10mm off would make the car more unstable. I've shaved down the chassis to lower the ride height at the front and tubed the axle and it runs quite well, so I don't want to completely destroy it for aesthetics. .

I'd like to see that... I think it would make it way more unstable but it woudl be cool & unique.. B)

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.