Supershells

Peter Gunn

Well well well in the mists of time there was a firm called Supershells who made F1 bodies and they have reissued them as body kits with all the body bits and pieces , not sure if it's the same firm as in the early 60's but it's the same bodies , and they are as listed below.

Ferrari 156 ( shark nose ) 1961 in yellow.

Ferrari 156 ( shark nose ) 1961 in red.

Ferrari 158 1964 in red.

Lotus 25 1963 in green with yellow stripe.

Lotus 25 1963 in yellow.

Brabham BT 7 1964 in blue.

BRM P261 1964 in blue..

BRM P261 1964 in green.

BRM P57 62/63 in green

Charles what i remember of the original ones none were painted just in the plastic colour they were moulded in , and confirmed by my brother who has the Lotus 25 from the 1960,s , also what i remember of my one i had the shark nose it ran with a Kays mk1 motor and was generous as regards car size .

I will ask the guy who has all the stock mentioned above, (and whole lot more besides, original threaded axles, wheels, insets, tyres.), if I can PM his email address to anyone interested in contacting him.

The 3d chassis mention is by JS and they worked very closely with members of our Club to develop chassis to suit these cars, (plus many others)

I used them to update the Scalextric Formula Junior range , (the same chassis fits all the Super shells single seaters, and they customised one for me to fit the Supershells Porsche 906.

Not sure if it is allowed or not on this site but I can paste a link to the JS Facebook site where you can see these completed cars.

Regards

Alan

PS for your information we can build these cars for ourselves with JS Chassis and all new parts from a main dealer comprising 25K FF motor, Slot.it gears/axles, Scaleauto guide with NSR racing braid for around the £40 UKP or we can build with JS plus original parts for around the £25/30 UKP.

Edited by BEEJAY7