ZeGas

Clear Vac Forming Sheets

Does anyone know of a readily available and cheap supply of clear vac forming sheets.

I do not want to use PVC.

The plastic party plates are absolutely perfect but not clear, so any PETG like that would be great.

I have tried food storage containers (chinese takeaway), meat packaging and polycarbonate but no go with any.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for the reply, the fumes from PVC give me a whopper headache, probably due to the chlorine gas released when heated, I doubt the dioxins released are very good for you either.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

If that's the binder sheet covers, that's what I got initially but they're PVC.

Cheers Grant

Thanks Grant for the info i didnt know that PVC emits dioxines when heated i will try a mask used when working in contaminated areas.I found polystyrene foils in thicknesses .3 and .5 mm in shops selling drawing stuff.I could make the .5 work marginally in not very deep vacforms but the .3 no way.

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg