Race Group/club Communication....how Do You Do It?

munter

Our group relies on a thread here on auslot.

We used to use an email group system.

Recently we have had problems keeping everyone on the loop.

What do you use? facebook? email? forum? phone txt/call?

Any input appreciated.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

When our old group was kicking on well with Devious Dave, Viv and the original crew we used to send out an email reminder with the classes we were racing. It would be harder to do this now as it seems not many use personal email regularly.

Thanks for mentioning your group using the forum as the main place for contact it is all the more reason to keep this up and running.

We send out the same message on an email and FB over the weekend reminding the guys of the venue and car classes for the upcoming Monday night's racing. This method is just a weekly reminder as we send out a programme at the start of the year that states all venues and classes from end of Jan to early Dec. approx. 45 weeks of racing per year. Has worked well for the past 10 years

Normal people worry me

Our group thread here is up to 439 pages now. It's easily the biggest thread on AUSLOT as far as I can tell. I think that having one central point for all info and banter has been the best decision our group has ever made. We have had a couple of comms blips in the last weeks that sparked Munter's question but I'll take a lot of convincing that there is a better option out there. Thanks AUSLOT!

• Upvote 3

Podiums are for short people.

I have found using the club thread here on Auslot has worked perfectly well

I feel that our club needs to have a monthly meeting to disguss new ideas before

Just jumping in like last week, not sure why that happened, thought we were going to discuss it not race it.

I think that part of the issues we have had lately is there have been quite a few changes lately

Because we have a lot of new guys join the club

So some classes have been dropped due to those cars being hard and expensive to get nowadays

So we now have some new ones to replace them

And I am very happy to have these new members and changes but as it had been the same old guard for a long time I think we just got set in our ways and kind of just new what was happening most of the time. And now we have all new and exciting things going on some of us have maybe got a bit carried away or just kind of forgotten that there are more guys to consider now

I think we just need to slow down a little and give new ideas and thoughts a chance to come together

Instead of being the rampaging bull in the China shop

• Upvote 1

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Our group thread here is up to 439 pages now. It's easily the biggest thread on AUSLOT as far as I can tell. I think that having one central point for all info and banter has been the best decision our group has ever made. We have had a couple of comms blips in the last weeks that sparked Munter's question but I'll take a lot of convincing that there is a better option out there. Thanks AUSLOT!

Thanks for mentioning your group using the forum as the main place for contact it is all the more reason to keep this up and running.

Hang Mac, oh, don't we actually own Auslot . . . . :lol::D:ph34r:

Ooops, sorry Vince. But yes, as Mac said, overall, it has proved a very effective method for club communications, banter, bravado, boasting and baiting.

Not perfect, as it relies on well . . . "a scruffy bunch of ladies and mongrels" to operate it [ please all choose in which category you fit ]

but pretty dang good overall. It has helped shape the way we see club and led to many smiles, threats and laughs on club nights.

We have a club FB page, and can email, but this is a better gathering place and repository of information.

We also have a class roster thread and a class rules thread, which are pinned, so it is easy to get to the basic information.

If clubs are a little more structured than us, like Matt's WASCRG group [shoot Syd, that really is a mouthful] they may not use this as much, but hey it's fun throwing the faecal matter out there to the guys you hope to nerf beat next Thursday.

And Auslot is still a very good thing overall. I'd like to see more clubs posting pics, events, etc so we all get the juices and ideas flowing.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol: