2019 Tasman Finale

manimmal

Good evening all. Our cars have arrived for the series finale this Saturday at Masonite Mountain.

Running is planned to start around midday, so with any luck the weather will be reasonable and conducive to our field of cars pulling some good consistent race times.

I have a decent crew of drivers organised, and year on year the track is 'safer', as i've made some changes to accommodate larger scale cars.

I had planned to qualify the cars this afternoon, however this mornings work turned out to be all day, and i'm still not finished. As a result i will be qualifying the cars (in one batch for fairness) on either wed, thu or Friday night. Should some cars prefer the cooler, damp night conditions winter brings us this may effect results.

Furthmore whilst I will be qualifying the cars, i likely won't be racing on Saturday. I have a skill in wringing good times out of proxy cars in a very short time, so qualifying times are more how fast your car is against the opposition, not how forgiving, consistent or 'likable' she will be on race day.

Best of luck gents!

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

The results are in.

There were a few DNF's in the race. One car had a motor issue and two cars had guide issues.

I haven't been able to work out the overall yet and will try to get that done as soon as I can. It may be getting quite interesting at the top.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to be there today. To Chris and his helpers a big thanks for running our finale.

So here it is

RLQwEc7.jpg

Alan Stubbings

Wow!!! Thank you for qualifying and for the run. Congratulations Sdeamon on your win and Mondeo74 on your podium. Thank you for getting the most out of the 33. Looks like the car started to perform at the end of the proxy. Thank you for allowing me to join you guys.

Edited by Brumos RSR

Howdy,

Thanks to Chris & Co. for putting on the final round at Masonite Mountain. I like the fact that one of the tracks from the early days of slot racing is still used for events like this.

Congratulations to JC on the round win and well dones to, Brumos and Chris D on their podium spots.

Almost an SA lockout their, maybe if we overlook the U in second place it is!! :)

Also thanks to the drivers for giving me my best result for the year, like last year. Seems my car likes this track better than home ground.

Cheers

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Difinity - guide mount failure

Phil - snapped guide post

Manimmal - dislodged motor

Thanks gentlemen for the opportunity to compete with your cars, and for the failures I apoligise. For the record the previously mentioned failures were not due to any stupidity or low level driving. My car lost her motor in a straight line, difinity your car failed as a result of a deslot, Phil yours deslotted because the guide failed.

The failures this round were very high, perhaps due to being the last round. Difinity I'm currently without an acceptable soldering iron so running repairs were not made, the same went for my car. The guide post of Phil's car has sheared off completely, this is not something i recall seeing before. Had this occurred in qualifying we may have got it running again.

A couple of cars struggled a little, however the majority of cars were well received by my drivers Neil(Spoons), Dan and Bodhi. I marshalled and time kept, and only one heat had me running around, the rest of the time the drivers did a commendable job all day.

A few cars impressed me a great deal in terms of quality of build, the most being the chassis of the #4 Brabham of team Lenny Broke.

I'll have the cars in the mail back to Stubbo tomorrow, and onwards to next year.

Chris

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Thanks Maminmal.

I cannot understand how, but will see what happened when the car gets back I guess. It suffered chassis damage last year on the final round as well, though that looked like it had thrown across the room. (Bent and twisted rear mount).

Needs a new chassis anyway...