• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:28 PM

The NSR Mercedes AMG GT 3 was not on my want list at all but i received a yellow test car model so thought i had better keep it , didn't want to ofend the missues in any way.
Well let's have a look at it firstly the body well it,s all yellow with black trimmings like wing mirrors, front winglets , spoiler and bonnet grills, silver see through slat grill with the merc badge , clear plastic parts like screens very nice good fit, body finish well i can't fault it what detail there is is good on the outside.
Turning to the interior well it,s what i call skeletal and very light weight indeed, driver is white and ok in my opinion, the drivers cockpit is a nice snug fit, all up weight of the body and cockpit is 22gr, body chassis fixing is only 2 screws one front and one rear so body movement should be ok.
Turning to the chassis hip hip horray one of the first flexible chassis i,ve seen that's straight , lovely and flat really looks right, and carrys the tri sidewinder pod , guide is the usual white clip in one ( can see the new 8mm guide going in that hole ) all wheels are alloy front fitted with zero tyres and nice and round, rears are air wheels and carry supergrips and again i cannot fault the tyres on the back.
Gearing is 11 x 32 really nice mesh, driving the normal NSR 25k motor via looks like brass double flange bearings , all up weight of the car is 76-4gr.
The bit you,ve been waiting for well firstly i took magnet out , and gently ran the motor in for 20 minutes of load before putting the car on my Carrera track for a slow trundle round for 10 minutes to scrub in the tyres.
Ok i know get on with it so set my truespeed controller at 12 o,clock on both knobs and let it go and boy does it leaped of the start down my main straight ( car needs weight ) brakes very well indeed into my first bend great change of direction through the esses , boy this chassis really does work well, up the back straight underbreaked for the hairpin and slid out but car didn't roll,.
Back on the track after a slight lube started it on my normal test run of 2 50 lap segments and this car only got better , quiet and fast like a assasin, was now round about the speed of my Thunderslot Lolas and was nearly handling like one ( set of ultras on the rear might be my next tweak ) .
Overall thoughts , well i never thought about buying this car , but so glad i have it in my stable great fun and well done NSR in my opinion one of the best slot cars you have done for a while.
Sorry there are no pictures as i don't know how to on Auslot but you can see pictures of it i am sure from your local dealer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users