Stubbo

2019 Tasman Cup Round 5 Fulham Park

Good Morning all.

Please can we keep this thread all about Round 5.

I'll start a new thread for General Discussion.

Alan Stubbings

OK sorry Stubbo. Appears we are both going down the ranks a bit but at least I can still beat you sporadically. Bring on Round 5 and long live the Tasman Cup. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Hi, The Tasman Cup Round 5 2019 at Fulham Park Raceway has been completed . A cool but pleasant day at Lockleys South Australia .

Thanks to the great team of Marshals & officials . They did an excellent job.

Thanks to the drivers for putting in a great effort .

Congratulations to the podium cars .

1st Big Mick2 - S.A. Brabham Climax 2nd Brumos RSR - USA .Ferrari Sharknose - 3rd - sdeamon Lola MKIV

The Fastest lap 5.966 secs. in the race - Big Mick2 driven by PM Daniels

Thanks to Stubbo for letting FPR hold this great event .

Many of the cars were excellent in construction and appearance .

John Batich with the Brabham Climax #8 has been awarded the FPR Constructors award . An innovative design and very well presented .

I will need a post address John to send you the Trophy thanks .

well off to Lenny"s Spitfire Raceway next Saturday for Round 6 .

Tasman-R5-2019-Score-sheet.jpg

Finish-Podium.jpg

Drivers.jpg

The drivers - Lenny Broke, PMDaniels , Max Newcombe, Big Mick2

Marshals-Stewards.jpg

The Marshalls Geoff, Calum , John ( Bear ) , Paul & John ( pit steward )

I have drivers reports & will post them shortly

Thank you Alan, Peter, Max and Big Mick for the run, Jeff, Calum and John for spotting and our stewards. From qualifying to finish certainly neither was expected after the last race. Thank you all for getting the most out of the 33. Congratulations to Big Mick and Sdeamon on your podium finishes.

Thanks for the run and I'm quite pleased with my #47 in 6th.

Thank you to all drivers and marshalls, what a luxury to have marshalls!

No surprises with the podium, all cars went well at Marsden Park and I knew #33 had unlocked potential.

Thanks for the drivers input it helps to unravel the reasons why,

Terry

Hi all. Very happy with my result. Comments most helpful but mainly as expected. Good to see the order mixed up a bit with BigMick showing the true metal of the SRP18000 again. Congrats also to the other podiumites, the organiser, drivers and marshals for a great and well run event plus the excellent commentary and photos. It was good to see the field spread just over 10 laps which is at the outer end of my wish list for these events. Looking forward to Lenny's track which is a real flyer and I am pretty sure a fitting finale for the 2019 Tasman Cup.

Congrats to John Batich too for winning the FPR Constructors award with his No. 8 Brabham.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Looking forward to Lenny's track which is a real flyer and I am pretty sure a fitting finale for the 2019 Tasman Cup.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

I thought there was another round in Vic after Spitfire ?

Congrats to the podium getters . I found the cars very nice to drive this year , a couple were a bit down on power but still handled well . It was a cold afternoon and I believe this was why some cars were a little tail happy . Looking forward to next weeks race . PeterD

Edited by pmdaniels

Hi PmDaniels. You are spot on.

Round 1, Victoria Mid Late April

Round 2, Tasmania late April/early May

Round 3, Tasmania Mid May

Round 4, New South Wales Late May/early June

Round 5, South Australia Mid June

Round 6, South Australia Late June/early July

Round 7, Victoria, mid July.

Looking forward to the last 2 rounds. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Thanks to all for another fun day of Tasman madness at FPR

Agreeing with other round comments these are the best group of cars yet. It sure was cold in Adelaide yesterday so the times might not have been as good as they could of been. Congrats to Sedeamon and our friend from the USA on their podiums. That Ferrari was a hoot to drive and the stand out car for me on the very tight blue lane.

Experienced a few issues with some of the cars and will PM the owners with my thoughts

Looking forward to next round at Lenny Brokes Spitfire Raceway and the endless banter and good spread that always follows a day at Semaphore Park.

Regards

Big Mick

Thanks John and the FPR crew.

Things are evening out a bit by the look of it.

Looking forward to Spitfire.

Alan Stubbings

G'day,

First up Thanks to John for allowing me the chance for a drive in round 5 and thanks also to the rest of the usual suspects at FPR for helping with driving and marshaling duties.

Congratulations to Mick on another win and brumos and John C on the runner up spots. Look out when Mick gets that thing fully sorted. The "silver arrow" Ferrari was a pleasure to drive and felt you could go harder with it as the heat went on. John's car was solid as last year but I felt like it had lost it's edge a bit.Just the same a podium spot none the less.

The cars are now with me and I'll be starting a new thread soon. I'll going through all the cars and give them a bit of a service and look over and will make a report on them then.

Cheers Alan