Nonno Slot Cars

Peter Gunn

Have you seen the pictures of the Nonno range of slot cars, look up their site and have a gander , the lexan bodied , metal chassis , Slot it powered flat 6 F1 cars look interesting think there are 18 liveries of the same body , i,ve taken a dabble and pre ordered the Patrase Brabham just to see what they are all about .

We race the Nono f1's as a class at our Club and they offer very fast and very close racing.

We race on wood and the cars are 100% standard.

The lexan bodies are very resilient to high speed impacts. We love this class.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Well after many weeks of procrastination (price point) I have bitten the bullet and purchased some Nonno Slot.It F1 Lexan cars to introduce a new genre of racing to my track rather than racing the Scalextric branded cars that are too fickle and delicate petals that break soon as you breath on them (not Scalextric fault) just these F1's are designed to be raced competition style.

Nonno Slot.it

The cars are constructed by Marco Guerrieri, aka NonnoSlot. Handcrafted manufacturer of SCL 1:32 racing cars compatible with all types of slots. My models are entirely handmade in Italy.

On the Nonnoslot.it site Marco has a Club Solution at reasonable price for five Lexan F1 cars making it easy and cheap to get up and running with your club and cars of choice.

All cars contain standard build items:

• RTR with soft compound tires,
  • Slot it Flat 6R engine from 22,000 rpm,
  • light metal frame, and
  • painted lexan body

The cars I have chosen are: (so direct image upload and attachment is still disabled, when will this be enabled? There is no reason to use another third party hosting site. Come on Admins.)

Brabham BT50 1982 Riccardio Patrese - top view - Reference: Lexan02

Alfa Romeo 179 Andrea De Cesaris - Reference: Lexan22

Williams 1982 Keke Rosberg - Reference: Lexan06

Renault 1982 Alain Prost - top - Reference: Lexan15

Tyrrell 011 Michele Alboreto - Reference: Lexan13

McLaren MP4/1 Niki Lauda - top - Reference: Lexan08

edit:
After nothing but failing to properly run and with zero axle adjustment on these F1 Lexans, I am done with Nonnoslot products. I've reached out to get these sorted including sending them back to get Marco to setup but got a reply to replace one out of five... useless and complete waste of good metal and money.

Will be offloading all five Nonnoslot F1 Lexan's, very disappointed

Edited by Johnno
added edit: part

Evening Charlie, yeah too much hassle to have to use third party etc. Is all good, people can look up the reference details if they want to.

I added that Converter piece onto the track, running two cars on all four lanes makes huge driving difference as you run both directions, clockwise and anti-clockwise, interesting. I will catch up when I return from Sydney around middle of December.

I haven't bought any but we ran them at our wind-up at WASCRG last Saturday night as a house class.

I was actually surprised how well they ran.

We ran the Ferrari, Renault, McLaren and Porsche.

Not sure what voltage we ran them on , but you could actually push them and they were quite hard to de-slot.

Very enjoyable.

I have spoken with Syd from WASCRG and they have added the F1 Lexan's to their 2020 line up. Syd is very happy with how they run, reason he chose these cars is they are more robust than normal F1 cars that break easily.

Plus when you check out Nonnoslot site they are listed as club cars, even having a Club Car pack of five available.

Marco is great to communicate with as well. When I return in few weeks my F1 Lexan's will be waiting for me.

Hi Peter

I have ordered my club package from Nonnoslot and am still waiting for them to arrive. Strange they are taking so long as they should have been here by now, anyway, this is on my to do list today as I just got out of hospital today.

Soon as they arrive I will give them a run and see what is what and report back here.

• 2 months later...

Hi Shaynus.

Good question. I wondered the same myself. Have recently bought an NSR F1 which I thought out standing in terms of OTB. Much better than other NSR, Slot-it cars and as good as Thunderslot. Reports I have seen so far on Nonno left a bit to be desired but perhaps somebody can add some more. Was interested as we have a local supplier.

Regards Chas Le Breton

There a a couple of NSR F1s in the club I go to (soon to be a lot more no doubt!) And it was NSR 1st, daylight 2nd, next car 3rd. I have an All Slot F1 I would love to tune enough to be competitive, just to go against the (new) norm. Not as fast as the (virtually)OTB NSR (grub screw set axles, etc. Tuned, not modded), but there lies the challenge!

:-)

Thanks Shaynus. That confirms my view of NSR F1 but hopefully somebody will come forward re Nonno F1. Sounds like All Slot F1 also needs a lot of work.

Adelaide (FPR) and Nelson in NZ have both come up with a comprehensive upgrade path for NSR F1 but I am reluctant to change much. Mine still has magnet (inoperable) so I might remove this and replace with a little lead just to settle it down. Will come out at front at little if you really pushed.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Interesting F1 cars these had the chance to run a friends Ferrari bodied one's and go very well, but that body don't last long, John shunted his on my track and that was that the body split , front was snapped right of think the weight of the chassis hitting the front of the car did that.

Possibly there may be someone making a plastic body with integral driver and wing molded in, i,ve heard on the slotvine.

This is our third season of racing these cars, great close, fast competition. I'm still on my original Williams Bodyshell, although others are on their second.

Some of our guys use Betta lexan shells as a cheaper replacement for the Nono's

Hmm i won't be very popular here but on having more time running the Nono F1,s i have noticed a few things , one is the B front wheels don't touch the ground , ok with my capabilities it was not a problem doing John's two cars , do think the chassis could have been made better lot of solder hanging out of joints, one of the guide retainers was not square so re soldered that, the rear mounting post for aerofoil was leaning to one side , re soldered that.

The body is lets face it crap to weak with that weight under it does not last long at all , the driver well let's just say pass on that thing , and at £55 for a car does not match up to the £63 for the NSR F1 and with a slot it generic due soon i know where my money is going.

But there is a good part one is the motor goes very well and nicely geared , and the wheels and tyres are not at all bad, always try to be constructive on cars i have put through their paces , if the car is good , bad or ugly i will say so

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Think that is an Abarth mainly for the Mille Miglia or Targa Florio. They were a 2000cc car.

As a slotcar they are pretty and I want one.

Edited by munter
  • Like 1

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality