terry

Round 4 Marsden Park

48021973231_e3d7837c15_z.jpg

9th pace Lennys Brabham 148.81 laps f/lap 4.759 able to drive this car really hard, very forgiving and had good speed, however I thought the tyres have seen better days and that stopped it from being a podium finisher

48021965391_78131a7c19_z.jpg

10th placing for Brumos very smooth and showed real pace then dropped off the pace , weird, special chassis from Denis Sampson very smooth, lots of potential

148.67 laps F/lap 4.641

48021982476_358d777f9b_z.jpg

11th Peter Gunns entry was no surprise smooth and predictable 148.24 laps f/lap 4.711

48021987631_ea38b51a33_z.jpg

12th place for PMDaniels nice smooth driver

146.77 laps f/lap 4.709

Edited by terry

Congrats to those at the top on another planet it seems, my smooth and predictable car is going backwards this year, last year on this track 7th this year 11th, wonder what to do to get a car to go in the opposite direction,7 laps behind the leader is not good in my book, in proxies it always seems to be motor power that let's me down, definitly will have to go up to a 18k next year if it,s just to stand still i reckon, nice pics Terry. :)

48021967116_7a007e9521_z.jpg

!3th place for Charles the car was at times unpredictable deslotting at unexpected times, speed was okay but I was forced to drive a bit cautiously

146.75 laps f/lap 4.826

Edited by terry

Well done the Podiumites, good to see the SA contingent doing well (most anyway). #20 is a work in progress for year one. Lots to learn!

Love those photos. My car is certainly getting a little worse for wear. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Edited by charlesx

Well done the Podiumites, good to see the SA contingent doing well (most anyway). #20 is a work in progress for year one. Lots to learn!

I thought your Honda went pretty well, had you done these laps in 2014 you would have won the race

48022006778_aa359780de_z.jpg

14th place Strong consistent runner easy to push,145.27 laps f/lap 4.805

48022004933_2523e4310a_z.jpg

15th impressive debut, I could drive this car hard, seemed well sorted, 144.29 laps f/lap 4.902

48022083412_e40b26a42b_z.jpg

16th big improvement on last years car, Hey I got to drive a Dave Mitcham car! 142.04 laps f/lap 4.963

Edited by terry

Thanks for getting this round completed Terry.

Well done to Mick getting a win with a Customer car!

Good to see the Lola on the podium, well done.

Looks like my car will be the “ Bridesmaid” this year, but at least still getting in the points..

Good to see the new Formula tyres suited your track Terry.

Edited by kalbfellp

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

48022098952_7a265178b2_z.jpg

17th I feel your pain Stubbo, those tyres are not doing you any favours. 140.73 laps f/lap 4.874

48022095152_df18ffcae7_z.jpg

18th place Like Stubbos' car tyres were just not helping, may need truing down some and rounding off the edges 139.00 laps f/lap 4.959

48022080342_081d63787a_z.jpg

19th place tyres are history Chris, all over the place with the very square edges not helping, 136.83 laps f/lap 5.02

48021969531_894593aecb_z.jpg

20th place Just slow 135.07 laps f/lap 5.157

Edited by terry

Just a shout out to the boys from S.A.

Big Mick, Paul and Mondeo 74 were using, I believe, wheels from MJK, can you tell me what they are and who can supply them?

After realising my #47 car had a loose wheel I'm keen to use wheels which have the 5/40 grub screw, I'm becoming quite tired of wrestling with the M2 grub screw and burring issues.

Any help would be appreciated

Terry

That just about covers everything regarding this years Round 4, to say its been a pleasure to have your cars here would be an under statement, its great to see the improvement every time the cars get here and this years field illustrate that more so.

Thank you for allowing me to run this round, looking forward to 2020!

Congratulations Mick, Phil and Sdeamon on your podiums. Terry, thank you for the run and congratulations to the builders who finished better than expected and great luck next time for those who didn't. Terry thank you for getting the most out of the 33. When you say it fell off the pace was it tires or drivetrain?

The car showed erratic pace at times, Really good speed would come and go, tyres were good so I'm guessing it is something in the drivetrain.

It was almost like something was inhibiting the car, like a foreign object stuck somewhere.

I did try to get a look but getting at the chassis was difficult so I let it be.

I didn't want to do any damage in getting the chassis off.

Very nice to drive

Bugger. Thought 6’d do better here. Back to the drawing board for future years I think. Might need some of your Tassie motors I think...

Hmmmhm... nothing to say about ol' #4 Terry? :huh:

Sorry for that, I have added a few comments,

The Tasman cars are on their way to Adelaide,

I've been told 3-5 working days

John you have a PM

Terry

Thanks for running the round Terry , Nice way to do the car reports with the pictures , Thanks for your comments .

Ok waiting with excitement to collect the cars when they arrive at FPR .

Alan - Stubbo , can you start a page for FPR round 5 please . I am not sure how to get it in the right place in the forum .

Also not sure what I did with the Excel sheets so maybe Lenny or you can send copies to me please . Been a bit busy organising BRM AU champs. but the Tasman should have my full attention next week.

We have a team ready to drive & marshall so will be running the race on Saturday 22nd of June all being well with the cars arriving as predicted

So qualifying should be one night next week hopefully .

Congratulations to the podium places & also Lenny the builder of the first two cars. Lenny maybe you need to use the same plans for your car ?