terry

Round 4 Marsden Park

47983970353_c3424e1d8a_z.jpg

47983966948_c1cbbbf448_z.jpg

Tasman lap record 4.529 SLO1 2018,

Record lap count (for 3 x 4 minute heats) 154.18 laps SLO1 2018

Phil has given me the word that the cars are enroute to Marsden Park, so I'm just getting sort of ready with these old pics of the track, it does show the old surface, now I have paving paint down.

I'll let you know when the cars arrive

Edited by terry

Hi all. This looks like a fast and longer track so it should be interesting to see how different motors fare. Sounds like Big Mic has his geared for the like. Looking forward to as usual. An SRP18 at the front would be great. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Hi all. This looks like a fast and longer track so it should be interesting to see how different motors fare. Sounds like Big Mic has his geared for the like. Looking forward to as usual. An SRP18 at the front would be great. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Mine will suit FPR and Spitfire better its those southern Vic and Twisty Tasi tracks it is to tall for I was concerned about the gearing before it was sent now I know why. All in the data entry file system (look it up on the forum next year) for the next car next year B)

Regards

Big Mick

Years ago the use of 3 to 1 gearing seemed to cover all the tracks we ever raced on , now it seems for us also ran's we need a travelling mecanic to change gearing for each circuit chuckle. :lol:

With my improved straight line handling this year i hope to be close to the front again on your track Terry, fingers crossed :)

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Hi all. I think 3:1 is still a good starting point but these FF050 motors do have good torque and brakes for their size hence the 9:23 10:24 type ratios. What are you running Big Mick? Perhaps I should look at the tech sheet.

Regards Chas Le Breton

PS. According to tech sheet Big Mick's gear ration is 9:23 so nothing unusual there (2.55:1). 10:24 would be 2.4:1.

Edited by charlesx

48012079028_496390fe31_z.jpg

The cars have arrived!

I always look forward to Tasman proxy time, and it seems like a new era is upon us!

After just a few practice laps, and with just a few of the cars, its obvious there are some very quick cars, practice times in the 4.6 sec and on a green track, cannot wait till tomorrow when I can get the full field on track and get some rubber down on all 3 lanes.

Have to mention that I've found the reason for my #47 lagging down the back in the last 2 races and that was a loose o/s rear wheel, so all good, got the car into 4.7's which is where it was before heading off down south, I'll sleep well tonight.

More pics to follow and a full rundown on my practice results and observations.

Terry

48012178296_04557bc2cf_z.jpg

These runs are from tonights bit and will be replaced by a full field run tomorrow , some of these times are not a true reflection on the car as a car may have been the first car out and onto a very green track, so don't read too much into these times

Edited by terry
  • Upvote 1

48016332923_17f7afc666_z.jpg

Finished off practice, nothing much to add to what has already been said about your cars, all cars performed okay, no obvious problems,

Qualifying will be done this afternoon, I'll just give the braids a touch up and a wipe over for the tyres

Edited by terry

Qualifying has been done;

48017125188_47f59a81df_z.jpg

Edited by terry

2/3's of Round 4 have been run.

A new lap record has been set ,and it seems that the total lap count will also be broken, there may be a few surprises!

I will be finishing tomorrow.

1 car on 104 laps,1 car on 103,1on 102, and 1 on 101, 6 cars on 99, as usual it will be a close run thing

48027781717_348db12b58_z.jpg

Round 4 has been run and won!

Congrats to Big Mick, Phil and Sdeamon, all fab cars and a great overall field,

More to come

Edited by terry

Hi all.

Knew you could do it Big Mike!!! Well done.

Congrats also to Phil and Sdeamon for the other podium positions. Think that gives us an SRP18, T1790 then SRP16 finish. Perhaps my previous T1790 prediction is wrong.

Good to see Mr. Batich with some serious competition. It is now all on for the last rounds of this years competition.

Well done for a great round Terry. Look forward to more commentary and photos.

Regards and very happy with my 13th place. Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Thanks Terry for running your round and Congratulations to Mick on his first win in the series and well done's to Phil and John C for their podium finishes.

I've got some mixed feelings about this round, I'm a bit disappointed in how #4 is going but pleased to see some of my handiwork doing quite well.

I think I'll need to get me one of those brokespeed things for next year!

Cheers Alan

"I think I'll need to get me one of those brokespeed things for next year"

Allan I have one I could sell you at a mark up of course :ph34r:

​Can only say am Thrilled to get a round win in my first Proxy thanks to all involved, it was JBs first bad round sort of I am sure No88 will be back with avengence at Spitfire and I know his cars love FPR Looking forward to the next round ( I get to have the drive fun this time LOL) although I have found watching this unfold more stressful than being a driver in the SA rounds last two years.

Hope for the SRP brigade still CharlesX

Regards

Big Mick

I almost blew it Mick!

The last bracket was quite tense, I knew 2 or 3 cars were going to be there at the end and all I needed to do was keep the cars on track, but I had 2 deslots in your car and I thought "don't throw this away', happily it all turned out okay, Phils car is a rocket, probably, for me the easiest car to drive, one of the few cars where the tyres were great,

From the top cars right down through the field it was about tyres and who prepped theirs the best, even the top cars had their issues, tyres are now appearing with square edges and some just can't handle a 4 minute run.

I've always done the same routine to all cars before their runs, I wipe the tyres over a damp sponge, then give the cars a run over 1200 grit paper, 1 or 2 settling laps, reset the timer and off we go, some cars lose their grip within the 1st minute or so , some have their grip fall away quite considerably, so critical is it to have your tyres right that even a good car becomes a dog very quickly.

Driving your cars for 12 minutes is a real privelige ( sorry for the lousy spelling) I have never tired of that over the last 6 or 7 years.

This years race has produced record lap count, and lap records, record qualifying times as well, the standard today is the highest yet.

I'll have the cars packed and away on Tuesday to Adelaide.

Edited by terry

All good Terry that is the problem with my car it is a handful fast sure but fast upside down in the corners to if you blink LOL hope to flatten that out for next year. Was hoping for a good run to show that the SRP still had a place in the series. I was involved heavily with the testing done here in Adelaide on the three motors and found next to nothing in performance variation. Still think its part of the overall package that makes a good lap time (motor/tyre and of course flat, square and true Chassis) after that its in the hands of the proxy drivers. That is very hard for a control freak like me to do !!!!!

Regards

Mick

48022082057_ea4296b52d_z.jpg

It aint pretty but its mighty quick!

Nothing bad to say about this, super quick and can trap the unwary driver 1st place 155.63 laps (race record) f/lap 4.510 (new lap record)

48021984051_d0a469bdf2_z.jpg

Lovely car Phil! Very nearly got there, a delight to drive 2nd place 155.51 laps f/lap 4.556

48022097237_65b84ac5e8_z.jpg

3rd place to Sdeamon, 1st in the ugly driver competition! almost impossible to deslot, just like last year 153.38 laps f/lap 4.569

Edited by terry

48021989093_0fa23c5e94_z.jpg

4th place John Batich 152.17 laps f/lap 4.628

certainly quick just seemed that the tyres were not quite there a little "snakey" down the straights

48022101712_18158339b5_z.jpg

So relieved to get my cars problems sorted

5th place 151.56 laps f/lap 4.677

48021961761_18e90c0f8d_z.jpg

6th place #8 John Batich 149.97 laps f/lap 4.616

not quite as quick as #88 still a very nice car, same tyre issues as the #88

48021971641_c14e10e6d9_z.jpg

7th place FPR's Elfin

149.72 laps f/lap 4.717 Love It!

48021985901_9dde08e6fb_z.jpg

8th place Pluggers Brabham nice car 148.95 laps f/lap 4.649

Huge improver from last year!!!