Wrp 2019 Round 1

teamredracing

WRP%20Logo%20long_zps2m3foabz.jpg

Hi all , well here starts another year of Proxy Racing starting with Rnd 1 at Minto Rally Park N.S.W .Australia . At the moment it is a brisk first day of Winter at 5 Degrees with a top of around 20 degrees celsius . Track should rubber up ok.

This weekend i am running the short stage , hopefully 2 or 3 stages . My track is urethane paving paint , running 10 volts and hand throttle is Slot it. There is still a couple of cars M.I A.

With that , all the best to all and lets get this Proxy underway.

Cheers Craig

Edited by gazza
  • Upvote 1

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Minto%20with%20track_zpsogotpnnz.jpg

Stage%201CM%20version_zpslp25ujkq.jpg

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Thanks, Mel - just have to get my head around the fact that a low score is actually good...

Good to see things up and running - thanks to all concerned for putting on the round...

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

Stage 2 Minto Rally Park

Minto%20round%201%20stage%201_zpsvo1rlusd.jpg

Stage%202.CM%20Versionjpg_zps06fft6hm.jpg

Photobucket now working :rolleyes:

Stage 3 and total times and winners will be posted later today

Received a message from Dave Isle of Mann last night. He is experiencing difficult family health issues. The main reason for cars not being posted on time.

Although he hopes to get his cars away to Scuderia before his round.

Also we are not sure if he will be in the position to run rounds for us on the Isle of Mann in this series later this year. ^_^

We wish all the best for Dave and his family.

Edited by Ontheflipside

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

Thanks, Mel - just have to get my head around the fact that a low score is actually good...

Good to see things up and running - thanks to all concerned for putting on the round...

You had better start and exercise your trigger finger Tony, Your round is next :P

Hi Ontheflipside/Mel.

Well that Stage 1 was a surprise. That's one for the Metro. You have made my day. (You might have guessed I am a bit staggered). Final results will be interesting. Looks like there are at least 3-4 with a good chance of overall honours after a mix of results in first two stages.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Posting these for Craig

Stage%203.CM%20Versionjpg_zpsyacdxoui.jpg

Final%20Round%201.CM%20Versionjpg_zpsd222kcj6.jpg

Congratulations to Phil, Charles X and Martyn.

I feel that some of the cars will improve with more laps under their belts.

As usual there will be different overall results on different tracks

Craig will be taking a podium shoot and has heaps of action shots to edit and post.

He also will be posting some performance notes.

Very interesting of the final performance of the two simply modified tests cars from Phil.

Compare their times with the rest of the field. Their consistency paid dividends. Well done Phil ;)

Thanks heaps to all who have entered cars this year from what was a shaky start due to uncertainty of tyres and the

likelihood of less tracks as well as my prior commitments reducing my availability to plan the event.

I thank Craig (Teamred) for running his round which may be the last on that track, checking cars prior to the event and doing what he can to get the best

out of every car entered.

I'm encouraged with some talk going around with a great change to rules for next year.

Now off to Bov's track this coming weekend for round 2

• Upvote 1

Bugger me, turning up for the first round does help a lot!

Well done Mel and team for getting us underway in 2019, and I'm well chuffed to stick a toe on the podium, and a SS win to boot!

Top Pom - is that a bit like being "tallest man in Japan" or "lightest bloke in Samoa"?

wosautos12.gif

Top Pom - is that a bit like being "tallest man in Japan" or "lightest bloke in Samoa"?

Or the "top dog" at the Red Dog Saloon in Juneau Alaska

Red_Dog_Saloon_Juneau.jpg

Thanks Teamredracing and your team for a great start to the 2019 WRP Proxy. Congrats to Phil and Snurfen for the other podium spots. Phil clearly had the wood on us at the end but in Stage 3 - 2 to 4th could not have been much closer. Bodes well for a great competition. Congrats to you too Craig for 6th place in the second Metro.

Interesting to see that Phil's test Audi was really starting to fly and would have been second overall if part of the competition. The Metro would have been mid-field so not too bad either.

Thanks for getting the results so quickly Mel. Will look forward to your extensive photo coverage and perhaps individual car report.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi All. If I remember correctly at start of rally 2017 or 2018 it was more Lancias to the fore but RS200 improved after that and ended up dominating. Audis and Metros were all over the place with some very good results but plenty in middle or at the other end. The first year this class was run I won one Round in Wales in my Metro I think and last year nearly pulled off again but got pipped by smallest margin by Gas41T/Rossco. Do not recall what Round.

It remains to be seen if improvement is lasting but my Metro is much improved this year thanks to me fixing rubbing rear mud flaps. The first year though at Minto Park I also started with 9th place round after 5th in Stage 1 so I do not think any conclusions can be made at this early stage. Last year I was one off dead last in all three stages. How fortunes can change.

Look forward to the next stage. Think we need to acknowledge too that some of the guns have not returned this year.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Cheers Craig,

I'm a bit further down than I hoped but its early yet :- )

Leo

The plate ontop of the quide appeared to cause some deslots on tight corners on Craigs track.

I didn't notice any issues when I tested the car on my track.

Craig will probably have more comments on that as well. As you say early days yet.

Hi Guys , apologies for the lateness of replies as the lastest shift change at work does not give me any time during the week to post , thus Mel doing it for me. Now the weekend is upon us I now can put up the comments list on your cars , as well as the pics. Have to thank Gaz for his help and top pics as usual and Mel for helping out and posting the stages.

First the comments

Prox-Car-Comments.jpg

Charles , I think your Metro is good . The difference between mine and yours , and I havent actually seen inside yours should break the field up the top. Again alll tracks are different and hope they run well .

Scuderia. Not sure what the plate is there for but did get a bit of wearing on my track . just a bit worried that on plastic tracks , if the track isn't butted up together flat , it may catch.

Its only the first rnd , so anything can usally happen.

Car Pic Action

111-Peter-Gunn.jpg

8-Charles-X.jpg

74-Modeo.jpg

69-Jonnynobber.jpg

62-Pepsi.jpg

6-Gazza.jpg

59-Snurfen.jpg

54-Scuderia.jpg

5-OTFS.jpg

46-Teamred.jpg

33-Splitrim.jpg

3-BOV.jpg

17-Kalbfellp.jpg

102tc-Kalbfellp.jpg

101-tc-Kalbfellp.jpg

Just a footnote , Mel posted that this maybe the last time for Minto Rally Park . I maybe only giving up the 2 extensions I add to the main track as they are getting harder to get down from the rafters of the garage by myself and I can't keep expecting my boys to be around to help me out. I am also thinking of cutting down one of the extensions so it's easier to handle . But that's in the future.

Cheers Craig

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Hi Craig. Thanks for the comments about my Metro. Apart from the new supplied tyres (last year I used the old ones) the car is unchanged from previous two years. I did find the rear tyres had always been binding a bit on the rear mud flaps. This probably contributed to it being rather slow down the straights. It now runs more freely.

Will be interesting to see how it goes in other rounds. Would be nice if it was more consistent.

Regards and best of luck with your Metro too. They have both made a good start. We appear to have a bit of a jump on Phil's modified one at this stage although with the 40gm weight of the Metro interior it must start to tell at some stage.

Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Hi guys

Sorry the cars didn't make it down under....just to clarify, the IOM rounds will go ahead as scheduled.

As several of us are retired, it gives us plenty of flexibility as to when in the week we hold the various stages, so don't panic...!

Well done to all contestants in Round 1.

Cheers

Dave

Hey Chas, yeah I'm hoping the Metro's do well.Didnt have trouble with the mudflaps . Mine has had the legs of the interior cut off to help body roll. The chassis has been trimmed all the way round with longer body screws and weighs in at a hefty 104grams all up to keep the weight lower in the chassis . We'll see how things pan out. Good to see you back in it Dave and thanks for hosting a round.

Cheers Craig

Craig

Hi Craig. Mine has chassis eased slightly plus wheels strengthened but that is all. I never realised mud flaps were rubbing until this year. I used original screws only. Weight about the same as yours for first two years but think I lightened this year down to about 100gms.

Best of luck for the rest of the series. May the force be with you.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Chas , I think you meant to say , May the Metro's be with us. Martyn , if thats the excuse you are going to use for building your car , who am I to argue . As long as you didnt build it on a very sunny day when the so called wind was blowing and your pants and shirt were up on the fence if you get my FB drift. B):P .

Cheers Craig

Craig