Hbmrc Class Discussion 2. : New Classes

This topic is to list the new classes that were suggested by club members at last nights RGM - (Random General Meeting)

Mac - Previously suggested Fly Classics

1. Fly Classics - Mac has some spares that he woudl be happy to sell on.
  2. BTCC - Scalextric Modern BTCC cars - Fairly cheap entry point.
  3. Rally Cars
  4. DTM Primarily Slot.it but other makes could be included

If Cartrix is dropped we'd have 3 slots available for new classes in a 5 week rotation.

It was commented that club member's still like running House classes - so that can always be at Host's digression IMO.

Please comment on this topic. Again even just a yes or no to the 4 suggested options above.

Cheers

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

"RGM" Love it Pat....... Thanks to you and Dave for your suggestions for altered roster prior to the night, and for running the discussion last night and to PB for bringing some data, he's the only one who had thought to be that prepared.

Those present were

Dave

Pat

Munter

Paul B (Bingo)

Ryan B

Paul B (PB)

Rod

Richard

Mark

Absent

Peter

Mac

JK

Wongy

Ross

Brendon

Double Absent (winding up the clock)

Slack-Jockey

Smithy

Craig

Reptile

Bone

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I like the idea of

Fly classic with maybe a lowish rpm limit so not rocket ships like the 65-80 sports

DTM as it makes it more worth while owning one and they are a cool class

I do like the idea of a house class in the roster

To many new classes means more new cars and people like myself don't have a big budget for buying cars and parts all willy nilly

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

I like the idea of

Fly classic with maybe a lowish rpm limit so not rocket ships like the 65-80 sports

DTM as it makes it more worth while owning one and they are a cool class

I do like the idea of a house class in the roster

To many new classes means more new cars and people like myself don't have a big budget for buying cars and parts all willy nilly

Pretty much my thoughts too Dave. - And as Munter ?? and others?? said, all the original Fly Classics came with the Scaley black stripe Mabuchi motor.

So very mild power.

- A few later ones were inline - I THINK they still used that motor, but easily swapped over if need be, and cheap.

I also have about 5 Fly Classics, so if Mac runs out of ones people fancy, I am happy to flog a couple of mine, which are half way setup.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Fly classics, yes please .

British touring cars, ok.

Rally cars, not so much.

DTM I have, not sure about same rules as Mark’s race although that makes the most sense.

I would agree with that lot of words

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

I also agree with Pedro that it makes sense for local DTM class rules being aligned with those in the DTM challenge.

The rest I do not know enough to say yes or no, except I remember there is a year of competition rule (not written down yet) for '(Australian) Touring Cars'

Is there any benefit in doing the same for BTCC?

Edited by Paul Briggs

Winner of the 1967 egg and spoon race at Wenderholm

I would be up for Fly Class(ics) and DTM.

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

My thoughts:

• Fly Classics - Keen as - like the idea of a slower power option too.
  • BTCC - Scalextric Modern BTCC cars - keen as - cheap entry point and keep em fairly standard.
  • Rally Cars - keen as - Got one already - but circuit track racing these doesn't make sense- need a couple of rally tracks for these i reckon. So not now.
  • DTM Primarily Slot.it but other makes could be included. - not as keen - possibly cos I have so many Slot.it cars already - but I do like the look of the merc. so a yes.

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

When we chatted last week at Marks, it sounded like a new DTM class could be the go. It so, I think that we should be open to running other brands in this class - ie not just Slot It cars. To keep things as level as possible we could make Slot It the control motor. Otherwise it's a choice of just 3 models. I imagine that a Slot It will always be the hot car to have but I like the idea of trying to get other brands competitive.

• Upvote 1

Podiums are for short people.