Blue Flags?

Caddo

Hey

Are blue flags a normal feature in most club race meets?

In the analogue track scenario - seems like the slower racers shouldn't need to slow down, the faster racers should be able to pass in the right track sector.

Never heard of it.

On my track with two squeezes, I always tell the slower drivers do not EVER slow down to let a faster driver past, it causes more crashes.

It is their job to find a passing spot . . . you know, . . like in 1:1 racing.

But hey, whatever people think works best for their track and their driver list.

I watched a club the other night where every time someone deslotted, they hit the pause button .....

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I’ve used a pause button - once - in the early 1980’s. we were racing open class wing cars running at speeds close to 200km/h actual. If one hit you at speed a light injury (was) broken bones and the risk of loosing fingers was great.

Sure wouldn’t do that with scale racing - faster drivers need to learn patience to pass...

I think the idea for this one is about the slower guy panicking and desloting taking out the other car. I would NEVER try to overtake around the outside or the suicide IMHO. I think the challenge is to overtake clean, take pride in it because a nerf drops everyone's enjoyment. Just like a car overtaken at the previous corner uncontrolled skudding into the quick car at the next corner kills the mood to. Real racing give you a drive thru for that.

I think common sense should prevail but is never as common as it should be

I don't believe there is any need for blue flags, if the fast guys want a good result they have to pick their way through, plus it adds to the fun trying to find that sweet spot to get around.

However, one of the groups I race with have two 4 lane ovals and it is a totally different mindset as everyone expects accidents. It's fantastic when you are having a really close dice, the slightest wiggle gives away half a cars length so it's maximum concentration, then you come up to lap slower cars. These guys want to join the fun and the faster guys KNOW either one or both will be taken out and sure as eggs it always happens.

If you manage to get away unscathed you have a grin like you are about to swallow your ears but as I said no-one seems to mind as that's the nature of the beast on ovals.

Chris.

Late Model

Yeah I think it's best if the slower racers stick to their own race pace and not slow down when the faster guys approach.

I've seen plenty of races where they slow down, deslot and take out the lead driver.

Same as if you're leading a race and slow down at the front, you're either going to be run down or deslot because you've lost your mojo.

• 2 weeks later...

At the club I race there is a rule if you are being lapped for the second time you give way. Just don't slow down or stop on a corner

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

I dont think its the slow guy slowing down that is an issue it is the slow car panicking and having a track wiping NASCAR style pile up on a corner that is the problem. We have an 8 laner in our group and I say a prayer every time I go around a slower car . I never do this with the guy next to me I will wait for an inside line but the guy one lane over often loses it and takes out the however many lanes outside him. It is just one of those things stay calm and lose two car lengths or panic prang and lose a lap and how much track the victims lose as well.

I am getting better these days but a fast approaching car, I would rather blip on the straight and give up six inches rather than risk getting nerfed on the next corner