Holden Whinging Has Again...knobbled The Fords

22 replies to this topic

#21 Slotspeed

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:35 AM

Many of these comments had me chuckling on the inside, one or two had me laughing out loud, clearly Supercars Australia have been missing the mark for many years! Will wait this out, not sure how the TCR series will go, hopefully not the way of the 2.0L super tourers in the early 2000's, its funny that ten years ago "V8 Supercars" were claiming that it was Australia's fastest growing spectator sport, then they aim for the TV market, races in Dubai etc. My gut feeling is that they need a formula that the viewers/spectators can relate to and I think they are missing the mark!

Wonder what the fifth Bathurst major meeting is going to be? That has my interest! Seems international endurance race (FIA approval as a problem for faster categories?) or historic meeting similar to Goodwood were popular options in a recent survey.

#22 mtpanorama

Slot Car Racer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:20 AM

Looks like TCR has the first part right. TCR races live on SBS today and tomorrow with live streaming on the Shannons Nationals website of the whole meeting.

#23 Slotspeed

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:19 AM

View Postmtpanorama, on 18 May 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

Looks like TCR has the first part right. TCR races live on SBS today and tomorrow with live streaming on the Shannons Nationals website of the whole meeting.

I saw bits and pieces of it, the TV production is more basic but has more of a genuine feel to it. I'm very happy it is on SBS where it will attract less BS, will have to check out the website next time. Shannons backing is a good thing. Not sure about the whole thing being FWD, do the youngsters want to move onto other things? FWD is very different.

Edited by Slotspeed, Yesterday, 01:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users