2019 Tasman Cup Round 1

Stubbo

I've been getting things ready this morning and when I was getting the cars out of the transporter and lining them up it came to me that we have been running electric cars for the last 50/60 years or so. I also seem to recall that some of the motors may emit Ozone when they are used.

So if we want to save the planet and reduce the hole in the ozone layer then build more slot cars. If you want to encourage social interaction and face to face contact between people, build more slot cars. If you want to encourage innovation and ingenuity, build more slots cars. The possibilities are endless and the potential has no limit.

If we could only get Scott and Bill to come and check it out?????????????????

Good luck everyone.

Alan Stubbings

Hi Stubbo. Next year will mark 60 years since I started racing slot cars so I must have done a great service to the world in that time. Just imagine how much worse the world might be if I had not bought that first Scalextric track. Power to the slotties. Perhaps we should let Folau know that all slotties are set for heaven. Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi Stubbo. Next year will mark 60 years since I started racing slot cars so I must have done a great service to the world in that time. Just imagine how much worse the world might be if I had not bought that first Scalextric track. Power to the slotties. Perhaps we should let Folau know that all slotties are set for heaven. Regards Chas Le Breton

Folau wont like that I drink and fornicate for that matter too LOL ( he is a bit of a tool good fullback hope the Europe teams put up with him)

60 years my fondest wish is to live long enough to enjoy the hobbie as long as you have Chas, your participation in all types of proxy and the forum tells me just that you love the little cars. Power to the slotties

Big Mick

The first round is in the book.

John Batich claims the victory with a very nice car indeed.

Plugger came in second with Phil a whisker behind in third place.

Unfortunately Mondeo's car ground to a halt with a smoking engine just two laps in and was a DNF. Engine change will be carried out tomorrow.

Slo1quick and I were the drivers today. We each drove two heats. The first was for 2.5 minutes and the second was for two minutes which gave every car a total of nine minutes.

Stu will post up some comments about the cars in the next day or so.

I'm heading back up to Melbourne tomorrow so I'll do the photo's when I get back to the office (better internet there).

I'm sure someone will check my maths. It has been a long day so let me know if there are any mistakes.

Mistake #1. The time for Brumos in heat 4 was recorded incorrectly. It should have been 3.264. Apologies.

Results-Round-1.jpg

Edited by Stubbo

Alan Stubbings

Charles Rubber track, bloody hard to use spring clips and Lotus big head cars?

Were you lucky enough to have a transformer, or used the Cardboard battery box?

Father Christmas (that's what Dad told me) delivered me my first set in either 1960 or 61. Bighead Lotus's and the rubber track. We did have a transformer.

I still have the cars somewhere.

Alan Stubbings

The first round is in the book.

John Batich claims the victory with a very nice car indeed.

Plugger came in second with Phil a whisker behind in third place.

Unfortunately Mondeo's car ground to a halt with a smoking engine just two laps in and was a DNF. Engine change will be carried out tomorrow.

Slo1quick and I were the drivers today. We each drove two heats. The first was for 2.5 minutes and the second was for two minutes which gave every car a total of nine minutes.

Stu will post up some comments about the cars in the next day or so.

I'm heading back up to Melbourne tomorrow so I'll do the photo's when I get back to the office (better internet there).

I'm sure someone will check my maths. It has been a long day so let me know if there are any mistakes.

Results-Round-1.jpg

Damn, well I guess it can only get better from here

Thank you for the run and congratulations to John, Plugger and Phil. I can only hope the #33 ran lane 4 last as it may be a sign of good things to come as it appears I ran the fastest lap of the race. Thank you Slo1quik and Alan for getting the most out of my car and hosting the round. Good luck to everyone in round 2.

Edited by Brumos RSR

Thank you to everyone who made the race possible and congratulations to the the podium three. I thought my Ferrari was much better than last year; obviously not although it did manage 3 more laps than in 2018. I should have built something new and lighter.

Best Regards

David

Hi David,

We felt your car was way better than last year. It had much better grip. We felt the car was sitting a bit too high. Stu took a couple of photo's to send you to show what we mean.

Alan Stubbings

Just a note for everyone to consider.

The track at Cape can be quite variable from time to time due to the weather in that the track temperature can change a fair bit even over the course of a few hours. So comparing this year to last year is not always an accurate reflection of the performance of the cars.

Alan Stubbings

Hi Phil and Stubbo. Thanks for the great start to this proxy. Surprise I did not come last. Will look forward to comments when you can manage Stu. Will be interesting to see how the SRP 16's did against 18's. Must look at tech report.

Re original Scaly set yes had battery box but as I had traded in Hornby train set got transformer from start. Yes definitely rubber track big head Lotus's, the loop braids and of course plastic guide pin. Do not think any of the gimble sets hit NZ.

Actually only sold my set a few years back but cars were long gone.

Spent a great night with Perth locals last night. Syd and the others always make visitors so welcome. They only use MJK Urethanes though so used their cars.

Look forward to the rest of the series.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Hi Alan,

Thanks to you and Stu for a quick turnaround for the opener. Congratulations to JB Plugger and Phil on the podium spots. I heard that John hada quick car under development a while ago

That bl%dy customer car is still seeing off the works Brokespeed entry :angry:

Not sure If I'm seeing double but are there two John Batich's from Tasmania :huh:

Cheers, Alan

Charles. Hope you had a great night,Syd is not usually short on conversation!

Thsnks to Stubbo and Stu for getting this Round completed. Happy with my result considering it had no development,

No surprise with a Johns car it is bloody quick and easy to drive.

Shame about the “ Mexican” getting between us.

Yes two J.B cars,8 and 88.

Hi Stubbo and all.

I appreciate it is early days but after first round the T1790 motor took first 4 places with the best SRP 16 5th and the top SRP18 7th. The worst placed T1790 was 13th. While not conclusive for the T1790 it seems to suggest as assessed prior to rules finalisation that there is little between the SRP16 (5, 6 ,8, 9, 14, 17 19) and SRP18 (7, 10, 11, 15, 16, 18, 20). Interesting that all 3 types had almost equal entries. T1790 performance though might be just an indication of the quality of the entries/builders.

Not sure what motor Mondeo had but as it blew up it does not matter. If he is allowed to replace however please let everybody know with what.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

PS. 1. Up-dated based on correction from sdeamon. His motor is a SRP16 and not T1790 but this does not change my observations.

2. Mondeo's motor details also now known.

Edited by charlesx