2019 Tasman Cup Round 1

49 replies to this topic

#41 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 08:34 PM

I will look thru my Truck wheel insert collection!

#42 munter

re member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:56 PM

I had a look through my 1/24 stash and this is the best I could come up with.
You know what it is, right?

Posted Image
Posted Image
John Warren
Slotcars are my preferred reality

#43 slo1quick

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:24 PM

The Betty looks great Stubbo! Look forward to seeing the revised wheels.

Congrats to the pointy end and well done to everyone else.
Apologies for the lateness of getting some feedback happening, been hectic round ere'.

Great to see a colorful bunch of cars again this year and am stoked to be able to have a drive of them!

Its a long day running through the field one at a time, as Stubbo pointed out, the weekender track by the sea varies somewhat through out the day. We felt it a good idea to shorten the heats so each car got to run within a bracket that was as equal for each car as possible. That said, notes on performance were very BRIEF and when the track fast at its fastest.
When we emerged from the cave, the weather was somewhat wet and had been for some time, much to our surprise.

#2 Stubbo Bit more grip needed, smooth runner, brakes a bit light on
#4 Lenny broke not as smooth as previous years, bit twitchy and noisey. Found rear right hand tyre to be rubbing on lower wish bone and tyre not glued, reset wheel to clear wishbone more and reglued. Car still lacked traction but seemed to power on better.
#5 Charles Good grip, maybe too much! was all bound up from traction (front and rear it seemed) through the esses after the start finish and then onto the straight. The guide shaft is very wobbly causing it to ramp out of the readily.
#6 Difinity Brakes ok. Not as fast as last years car, traction seemed down.
#8 JB Taily Brakes ok Steady runner just not at last years pace
#9 Phil Nice steady consistent runner at a fast pace, typically Tassie, Brakes not as strong as the SRP motored cars me thinks
#12 sdeamon Not punchy or lacked the grunt of last years car, good brakes
#13 Big Mick A missile! Lots of power and grip. Could do with more brakes, grip and tip.
#14 P Gunn consistent runner at medium pace, holds slot well
#19 PM Daniels Bit twitchy, hard to get powerr down.
#20 Mondeo74 seemed to have no vises on the 5 or 6 warm up laps and good excelleration onto straight. However lost drive during second lap and started smokin' DNF
#21 David Mitcham Lovely build and exceptional detail. Good grip but would deslot easily and tip easily. The braids are very bushy and thier spring back effect removes some grams of weight from the front. Noticeable front end lift under power.
#22 Pauls Slots Was hard to get into some consistent fast lap times. My notes said a bit jumpy but I didnt follow up on that detail, sorry. It did have a reasonable lap count for fastest time
#33 BrumosRSR Hard to get some pace into this one tip toe through the corners
#41 Plugger Nice, smooth, great pace and low on brakes.
#47 Terry Nice car, bit noisey and seemed to be a bit unsettled by that, good grip and power. holds slot well
#65 FPR7 Steady runner with good grip, Nice build
#66 Sainter Taily and a bit noisey Holds slot well\
#78 manimmal Another that holds slot well but lacks grip. A ferrador influence perhaps??
#88 Nice...very nice! Did this one make its way back to Tassie Stubbo?

Again, well done on the builds guys. The slowest times would have been mid field or top ten back in the day.
Looking forward to seeing how the cars perform throughout the series. Good luck!
"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

#44 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:24 AM

Thanks for the feed back Stu.

#45 Mondeo74

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:44 AM

Thanks for the feedback. At least I expect improvement with #20 next round

#46 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:26 AM

Interesting stats knew there was hardley any differance in the 16 and 18k SRP motors , as always some nice little builds in this proxy , my cars always seem to get roughly the same comments on car 14 or most of my proxy cars in fact , just wondering how the hell i get a motor to be better than medium pace :)

#47 terry

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 08:41 AM

Thanks for the feedback Stu, the comments on my car are not entirely unexpected, the gear noise is a result of me trying a slightly different set up and getting it just right has been trying, when its absolute its beneficial but when its just a tiny bit out its not as good as it could be, its getting that fine line of smooth but not tight,

I will persist

#48 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:55 AM

Thanks for the comments Stubbo. Perhaps that last bit of weight was too much if traction over the top. This car since built about 4-5 years ago has always been a bit different. When built was only 47gms but this has been gradually increased to 52, 56 and now 59gms. Would be good to know what speed comparison of cars on straight is like but this might be more interesting on some of the larger tracks. Time will tell.

Looking forward to next round. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

#49 difinity

Difinity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for the feedback.
#6 is last years car. Ran a few laps at home but other than that, cleaned tyres and boxed it back up.
I think the competition have progressed even further ahead this year...

#50 Pauls Slots

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:19 PM

Thanks Stu,
Seems No 22 has not done many laps and maybe she needs to settle in.
Try Harder, if you dont fail your not trying hard enough

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users