2019 Tasman Cup Round 1

Stubbo

Like you Charles was a bit suprised to see the T 1790 take the top 5 spots , i never had the chance to get one of these for testing against my SRP 16 and 18 K motors , which result wise of round 1 was what i expected of the SRP motors , but the T1790 looks to be something a bit better than i have looking at the info from the results. :unsure:

Hi Stubbo and all.

I appreciate it is early days but after first round the T1790 motor took first 5 places with the best SRP 16 6th and the top SRP18 7th. The worst placed T1790 was 13th. While not conclusive for the T1790 it seems to suggest as assessed prior to rules finalisation that there is little between the SRP16 (6 ,8, 9, 14, 17 19) and SRP18 (7, 10, 11, 15, 16, 18). Interesting that all 3 types had almost equal entries. T1790 performance though might be just an indication of the quality of the entries.

Not sure what motor Mondeo had but as it blew up it does not matter. If he is allowed to replace however please let everybody know with what.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hey Chas

For reference the motor i had installed was a SRP18 - before it decided to cook itself

Thanks Stubbo and SLO1 for getting round 1 done, big congrats to the podium guys,

Fairly happy with my #47 coming in 6th, I sort of knew the car wasn"t quite "there" especially when compared to last years car, but all things considered I'm pretty pleased with it all.

Be good to see some pics of this years lot if thats possible.

Terry

I've never been good with a camera.

I do have a couple of shots of the field and the podium getters that I'll put up when I can.

I also have car and chassis shots of all the cars and I'll start a different thread for that.

Alan Stubbings

Hi Stubbo.

My car seems to have a habit of qualifying well then failing in the race. It is much slower than when it was fitted with Solabotic motor in 2015/6 but almost equal with SRP16 in 2017. I noticed I finished race 7 places behind my qualifying position. Last year of course I entered T60 Cooper Climax but that car did more than Brabham in any year although was also a bit of a disappointment.

Only difference in car this year was XPG PG tyres but it was still no faster than with Dart tyres fitted in 2017. At home car was extremely consistent with no deslotting or other problems so I will look forward to driving comments. It was very disappointing to see it finish 20 laps behind leaders.

Regards Chas Le Breton

The Betty looks great Stubbo! Look forward to seeing the revised wheels.

Congrats to the pointy end and well done to everyone else.

Apologies for the lateness of getting some feedback happening, been hectic round ere'.

Great to see a colorful bunch of cars again this year and am stoked to be able to have a drive of them!

Its a long day running through the field one at a time, as Stubbo pointed out, the weekender track by the sea varies somewhat through out the day. We felt it a good idea to shorten the heats so each car got to run within a bracket that was as equal for each car as possible. That said, notes on performance were very BRIEF and when the track fast at its fastest.

When we emerged from the cave, the weather was somewhat wet and had been for some time, much to our surprise.

#2 Stubbo Bit more grip needed, smooth runner, brakes a bit light on

#4 Lenny broke not as smooth as previous years, bit twitchy and noisey. Found rear right hand tyre to be rubbing on lower wish bone and tyre not glued, reset wheel to clear wishbone more and reglued. Car still lacked traction but seemed to power on better.

#5 Charles Good grip, maybe too much! was all bound up from traction (front and rear it seemed) through the esses after the start finish and then onto the straight. The guide shaft is very wobbly causing it to ramp out of the readily.

#6 Difinity Brakes ok. Not as fast as last years car, traction seemed down.

#8 JB Taily Brakes ok Steady runner just not at last years pace

#9 Phil Nice steady consistent runner at a fast pace, typically Tassie, Brakes not as strong as the SRP motored cars me thinks

#12 sdeamon Not punchy or lacked the grunt of last years car, good brakes

#13 Big Mick A missile! Lots of power and grip. Could do with more brakes, grip and tip.

#14 P Gunn consistent runner at medium pace, holds slot well

#19 PM Daniels Bit twitchy, hard to get powerr down.

#20 Mondeo74 seemed to have no vises on the 5 or 6 warm up laps and good excelleration onto straight. However lost drive during second lap and started smokin' DNF

#21 David Mitcham Lovely build and exceptional detail. Good grip but would deslot easily and tip easily. The braids are very bushy and thier spring back effect removes some grams of weight from the front. Noticeable front end lift under power.

#22 Pauls Slots Was hard to get into some consistent fast lap times. My notes said a bit jumpy but I didnt follow up on that detail, sorry. It did have a reasonable lap count for fastest time

#33 BrumosRSR Hard to get some pace into this one tip toe through the corners

#41 Plugger Nice, smooth, great pace and low on brakes.

#47 Terry Nice car, bit noisey and seemed to be a bit unsettled by that, good grip and power. holds slot well

#65 FPR7 Steady runner with good grip, Nice build

#66 Sainter Taily and a bit noisey Holds slot well\

#78 manimmal Another that holds slot well but lacks grip. A ferrador influence perhaps??

#88 Nice...very nice! Did this one make its way back to Tassie Stubbo?

Again, well done on the builds guys. The slowest times would have been mid field or top ten back in the day.

Looking forward to seeing how the cars perform throughout the series. Good luck!

Interesting stats knew there was hardley any differance in the 16 and 18k SRP motors , as always some nice little builds in this proxy , my cars always seem to get roughly the same comments on car 14 or most of my proxy cars in fact , just wondering how the hell i get a motor to be better than medium pace :)

Thanks for the feedback Stu, the comments on my car are not entirely unexpected, the gear noise is a result of me trying a slightly different set up and getting it just right has been trying, when its absolute its beneficial but when its just a tiny bit out its not as good as it could be, its getting that fine line of smooth but not tight,

I will persist

Thanks for the comments Stubbo. Perhaps that last bit of weight was too much if traction over the top. This car since built about 4-5 years ago has always been a bit different. When built was only 47gms but this has been gradually increased to 52, 56 and now 59gms. Would be good to know what speed comparison of cars on straight is like but this might be more interesting on some of the larger tracks. Time will tell.

Looking forward to next round. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)