2019 Tasman Cup Tech Details

Stubbo

Hi Stubbo. My car is identical to 2 years ago apart from new tyres although it is certainly showing its age. Hope to build a new car for next year. Will try to recall details.

Brabham BT3 No. 5 - Tyres front Dart; tyres rear PG XPG; wheels front and rear BWA; gearing 9:23 I think; pinion MRRC; contrate Slot-it offset; chassis self; motor SRP 16; body Stubbo I think (you will know); guide Ninco sprung I think - otherwise Slot-it.

Hope this is of some help. Looking forward to racing even if my car is rather past it.

Regards Chas Le Breton

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stubbo, missing details for the Honda:

Tyres - Rear: MJK, Front: MJK

Wheels F & R - MJK

Ratio - 9 : 24

Guide - Slot.it

Body - Tassie

Chassis - Brokespeed

Motor - SRP 18 (well was :-o)

Cheers, Chris

Edited by Mondeo74

Thanks for information Chris. What on earth did you do to that motor that it would fail completely. Perhaps it just has some muck in it. Electric motors should not fail completely unless brushes/commutator or windings damaged.

Hope you can fix.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Re #20. The car started ok but just progressively slowed down and started emitting smoke and came to a halt after a couple of laps.

I have replaced the motor with another SRP 18.

Also I noted the diameter of the crown was 14.32. I do have a list somewhere but not handy just now. Could somebody please check and see what slot.it offset crown has a 14.32 diameter? Thanks

Alan Stubbings

Hi Stubbo. Sounds like Mondeo's motor might have been over-oiled. Perhaps a good clean out with Fuelite will fix. Normally these motors only need a light oil on bearing end and nothing on brush end as it is so easy to over oil.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)