Trackmate Software

SlotsNZ

A new version of the Trackmate Software is available - version 9.30

screenshot2.jpg

Changes and improvements are:

• Fixed Championship mode
  • Support dual monitor
  • Have more than one window open, you can view all laps, race results during race **
  • Supports Trial Race, all racers must complete all laps not just their current lap before race ends ++++
  • Fixed interface with sell time hardware sensor test
  • Improved Race Results
  • Added Total Time for all heats

** Add to that, the sub-windows display properly without a lot of grey space at bottom, and all windows resize properly - at last.

++++ People who run LAP races rather than timed races will be especially happy that they can now set for all heats to continue ticking through until the last racer completes their laps.

Link to Trackmate Site

Local resellers should also be able to supply the software

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Yep

You will need to recreate your settings and drivers as the new version will be in a new folder

ie, you will have both versions of the software installed on your PC

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I have this “ new “ version installed to look at, have to say dissapointing.

After all these years I thought this would be a big change with lots of options.

RC will remainnas our go to software. Shame as Trakmate interface is reliable for a basic interface.

Bit harsh, but I hear you guys. Though I would say RC nearly has too many options, miss a single tick box and trouble lies ahead!!

Might have been mentioned before, but we have found that when running RC software with the Trackmate relay, the first heat of all new races generally misses counting the first lap for some/all racers. Nearly always have to re-start the first heat. This happens at all our club's tracks, is not isolated to a specific track/PC/relay.

We are going to try Trackmate's software for a few meets to see if it eliminates the same issue.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

Hi all.

One of our local racers has had lots of trouble with Trackmate over a long period but my brother and I have had virtually no trouble for 8-9 years. Agree it is a bit basic but have to agree RC the other way around. Probably once set up it is fine but I like the TM simplicity.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Caddo

If you are missing the first lap it is most likely something in your setup, some where.

I agree RC has a lot of options, But once setup it is very good.

We don’t use all the options in RC but some people do,we just like to race and look at the results, some like to try and review every lap!

I wonder if Daniel ever regrets not taking Dave up on his offer to rewrite the Trakmate software?

Hi all.

One of our local racers has had lots of trouble with Trackmate over a long period but my brother and I have had virtually no trouble for 8-9 years. Agree it is a bit basic but have to agree RC the other way around. Probably once set up it is fine but I like the TM simplicity.

Regards Chas Le Breton

I think that sums it up well Charles. The simplicity of setup and using of Trackmate own software makes it a good option for the many "technologically challenged" slotters, and it does all most want for home or small club racing.

RC has some great features, but not everyone needs them, and can be problemetic for some.

I use both, and have some RC screens I coded up that buttonise almost every general feature on the top screen, as well as showing interim and live results for up to twenty drivers.

But most club nights at home I just use TM software as most guys in club are comfortable with it, and so someone else can run the PC while I race or marshal elsewhere.

HAH Charles, I know which one has the problems.

"Your members trouble" is in his own wiring. I had him send me back both his blown up boards when he ordered a third one from me. I swapped them each for mine and they worked perfectly. Ran them all for days, not a blip.

As I told him, I am yet to see a blown up board in 10 years or more of selling the gear.

I suggested him what to do, how to test each part of his wiring - and alternately, to basically replace his wiring and use a new set of wiring from me... but haven't heard anything since.

Thanks Mark. I will say not more. I wired our track back in 09-10 and apart from some trouble with bright sunlight from glass door near infrared things which was fixed by putting hood on light bridge TM has worked very well.

I did start to set-up RC once and it is used by Tauranga and Welling at least but have stayed with TM and will continue to do so. A simple solution for a simple guy.

Regards Chas Le Breton

I have one up on you Mark! I have seen one blown Trakmate board since it changed to Windows from DOS.

One of the Launceston guys managed to kill the Relay output on a board. Never found out how,no one would say.

But the rest of the board still worked.

You need to get some other club guys using RC, I have one guy that can do most things and several others that can at least runnrace nights.

Hi Phil.

I can certainly install and set-up RC but just thought it was too much bother when what we have is excellent . Might have another go sometime but would have to be very keen. Having enough trouble at moment even working on my cars.

On a high at moment however so you never know I might even get that Brabham BT54 finished. You will remember you made me some transfers. Have just finished MG Metro for WRP but have just learnt I can now remove back mud flaps. Noticed when installing new tyres that car was scraping a bit as car body shifted leaving tell tale rubber filings even after I had cleaned up. I suspect this might have been making it run a little slow at times.

Hope you and your family are well. I am still into Family/DNA research. Never knew I had so many rellies in Tasmania. Perham and Everett or related families.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Caddo

If you are missing the first lap it is most likely something in your setup, some where.

I agree RC has a lot of options, But once setup it is very good.

We don’t use all the options in RC but some people do,we just like to race and look at the results, some like to try and review every lap!

I wonder if Daniel ever regrets not taking Dave up on his offer to rewrite the Trakmate software?

Hi Phil

Happy to admit user error with the first lap misses, but it is random, sometimes there, sometimes not.

When the problem arises, probably 70% of races, it only ever affects the first heat - how can it be a setting if it doesn't affect all race heats?

Can repeat the same race/settings, and the problem may not be there.

A local commercial slot centre in Sydney have experienced the same issue so much, they just automatically re-start the first heat in every race.

I'm really surprised other race groups using RC with the Trackmate interface aren't seeing the same issue.

A local commercial slot centre in Sydney have experienced the same issue so much, they just automatically re-start the first heat in every race.

I'm really surprised other race groups using RC with the Trackmate interface aren't seeing the same issue.

We are guilty of topic drift serious enough to report it to Fitzy for an exposure doco, - but I haven't come across that problem in RC Caddo.

Could it be a bug in a shared screen development?

More than happy to offer my screen files and .json file etc for comparison testing.

Caddo Without knowing the Race and Track settings it would be hard to make any comments.

But it would certainly be worth contacting Dave about the problem, he usually can sort any problems very quickly.

His support is second to none.

The great support from Dave is the one thing that makes RC so good.

We are guilty of topic drift serious enough to report it to Fitzy for an exposure doco, - but I haven't come across that problem in RC Caddo.

Could it be a bug in a shared screen development?

More than happy to offer my screen files and .json file etc for comparison testing.

Caddo Without knowing the Race and Track settings it would be hard to make any comments.

But it would certainly be worth contacting Dave about the problem, he usually can sort any problems very quickly.

His support is second to none.

The great support from Dave is the one thing that makes RC so good.

Yeah for sure, Dave deserves high praise for his efforts, RC is magnificent, and I need a beating for moving the topic way off it's axis.

One thing I need to ask you both though - are your groups checking that 0 is registered for each racer when crossing the sensors at the start of each heat, especially the first in each new race/class?

Also checking the heat results for longer than normal first lap times on the first lap?

If there was no jump start, a long first lap time is an indicator that the first lap didn't register with the race control system.

We literally use the same settings for each race and just change the name, an intermittent problem doesn't add up to it being a race setting.

Caddo, we'd have to have an IQ of sub zero if we weren't aware a lap wasn't being counted. - We also have audio going off as the they pass the first time

(One guy in club only uses RC, as it is in an Arduino system I built for him)

Yeah it could easily be a race setting, dependent upon lap time, whether you start before or after the sensors, and a bunch of other factors.

- I take it no-one in your club actually reads the code to go through all parts of your files.

• 3 months later...

Just noticed on the weekend that Daniel had put out a software update back in April. He doesn't seem to have any advice system for his dealers......

He called it version 9.41, but it is actually 9.42. It certainly seems to improve how some sub windows are displayed.

Here are the update details - which read almost the same as for 9.30, but seem to work better.

• Fixed Championship mode
  • Support for dual monitor
  • Have more than one window open, you can view all laps, race results during race [Actually 9.30 seemed to do this mostly okay, but it updates live now]
  • Supports Trial Race, all racers must complete all laps not just their current lap before race ends ***
  • Fixed interface with sell time hardware sensor test
  • Improved Race Results
  • Added Total Time for all heats

*** Something I have been asking for; - for about 8 years, YAY, Garden City guys will like this.

It can be downloaded free from their site if you have registered an account.

HB guys, I will bring to each track on a memory stick.

Other Kiwis, I can do a disc for a few pesos - see the Trackmate section in SlotRaceShop.

HaVe you registered an account and logged in?

Then you just buy it as a free download, and wait for the system to send you a link for the download.

So what is your problem [said in the polite sense that is] ;)