Scalex 70 Camaro Lightweight Interior And Windows

8 replies to this topic

#1 munter

re member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:09 PM

I should be doing other stuff but this fell out of the tree quite quickly.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
John Warren
Slotcars are my preferred reality

#2 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,590 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:37 PM

Yah, well you know I need an interior and driver to go with my windows, plus another full set please.

Usual story, cross your palm with silver at club
Slots addict 1st class * Inaugural and undefeated "Pie-Bone 400 champion" For of course, team "We Don't Gloat" * Slot.it Shootout Champion 2015 * Harmon Memorial Winner 2017 * Lathe Addict Extra-ordinaaire * Itinerant Mediterranean cuisine junkie * Hobbit 3rd class * Legend in my own imagination * Classic quote for 2019 "whaa whaa whoo, where is I " * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club intro on Youtube

#3 munter

re member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:50 PM

Good, I have four sets spare but......the price has gone up.....$NZ7.50 or $AU8.00 per set.
John Warren

#4 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:17 PM

Hi Munter. Can I one set please - interior and windows - if still available.

Regards Chas Le Breton

#5 munter

re member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:13 PM

Hi Charles, your inbox is full.....will try an email.
John Warren

#6 branco

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:48 AM

Hi Munter, can I get a full set please. Once you confirm i'll deposit dollars into your account, cheers.
2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd
2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd
2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd
2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd
2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd
2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

#7 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,590 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:26 AM

For anyone wondering why
This is an XC Falcon I am rebuilding at the moment. Both numbers might seem high, but that is because I have glue all the front and rear panels, grill and rear undertray parts to the body, as I am gifting it a new chassis.

Before
Posted Image

After a 14.5 gram crash diet
Posted Image

I have since trimmed off a few odds and sods from the insides, it is probably about 24 grams with interior now. - About what a Slot.it body weighed a few years back.

Good, this should keep munter busy for a while, so he doesn't have time to tune his club cars and beat me
Slots addict 1st class * Inaugural and undefeated "Pie-Bone 400 champion" For of course, team "We Don't Gloat" * Slot.it Shootout Champion 2015 * Harmon Memorial Winner 2017 * Lathe Addict Extra-ordinaaire * Itinerant Mediterranean cuisine junkie * Hobbit 3rd class * Legend in my own imagination * Classic quote for 2019 "whaa whaa whoo, where is I " * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club intro on Youtube

#8 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:45 PM

How does using the lightweight parts go down in competition , is it allowed in clubs over there and in proxy events like the ATCC.

#9 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,590 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:10 PM

It was permitted in the ATCC - Dave wrote the rules specifically mentioning the glass and interiors.

Clubs may vary around NZ, Some say bog stock apart from glue and true tyres.
I think Munter started doing these locally as Mac (slotmadmac) saw a lighter interior would greatly improve the handling of some of the "dogs" we set up for Sunday afternoon teams races - and local series eg Scaley Metros,
Certainly the lightweight parts make it possible to build a much nicer handling car - not a rocketship sports car, but something that is just a lot more pleasant and predictable to drive.

My Blue livery of XC Falcon pictured below is not fast, I swapped the stock Scaley motor which develops about 21k but is low in torque for an 18K JK Hawk with less RPM but a bit more torque, so I could use a 13 tooth 7.5mm gear and 18mm Spur in the stock chassis instead of 6.5mm with 19mm spur, without needing to fettle the motor of axle bush mounts.
That allowed me to a use smaller wheel/tyre diameter and lower the car.

It isn't fast in a straight line, but it handles sweetly, and was enjoyable driving at club on Thursday against the other Ozzie touring cars
http://www.auslot.co.../page__st__8120

Body on this one
Posted Image

Total weight
Posted Image
That is with much of the weight I "lost" from the interior replaced with some lead on the chassis

I have also lowered the ride height about 1 mm or so
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users