Track Number 4

tsmsoccer

When I moved here 12 months ago I decided not to tear down and rebuild my old track. I had a three car garage but with the move came only a double.

I came across MR Trax website based in Victoria and I liked the idea that his tracks are modular and can be added to as space allows.

Anway here are some pics of my latest track

post-40-0-86681600-1550821229_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-82205100-1550821289_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-90120400-1550821317_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-49976900-1550821348_thumb.jpg

Track-1.jpg

Track-2.jpg

Track-3.jpg

Track-4.jpg

The track folds away in 5 minutes and I can manage it by myself.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Nice and neat track, I just recently pulled down my 3 lane routed 4.5m x 2.5m monster in Old Bar due to a lack of race buddies, I have been up here for 8 years and just got back online. My only track now is a small routed rally test track, but looking to build another soon..

Oh just notice you have a timing system on board, what type is it and was it hard to set up??

Cheers

Sim

Edited by SIM999
added question
  • Upvote 1

Hi Sim wonder if you know of Charlie also in Old Bar. He is running a MrTrax system also. 

I, myself just getting into slot cars and have gone with the MrTrax four lane wood system with full timing system, the TrackMate infrared system. 

Just got one 1:24 car and what a huge difference from 1:32

I am in Taree myself if you are interested in catching up. I've just taken things apart waiting for Peter from MrTrax to swap out modules soon. 

21 hours ago, SIM999 said:

Nice and neat track, I just recently pulled down my 3 lane routed 4.5m x 2.5m monster in Old Bar due to a lack of race buddies, I have been up here for 8 years and just got back online. My only track now is a small routed rally test track, but looking to build another soon..

Oh just notice you have a timing system on board, what type is it and was it hard to set up??

Cheers

Sim

HI Sim

as Johnno said I am in Old Bar

About 5 of us race every Wednesday get in contact with me and I will call you

Charlie

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 6:05 PM, tsmsoccer said:

HI Sim

as Johnno said I am in Old Bar

About 5 of us race every Wednesday get in contact with me and I will call you

Charlie

Hi Charlie

I'm not sure how to do the contact thing on here, its been awhile, but if you know how please send me some details and I will be in touch...

Cheers

Sim

• 5 months later...

Lap times have increased by an average of 2.5 seconds I was surprised that the addition of one additional piece would increase lap times by that much. The track is more technical now with the increase in hairpin corners, actually a lot more fun to drive.

The track still only takes about 10 minutes to either put down or put away it comes apart in four sections and folds up against the garage wall allowing cars to park in the garage. When the track is placed up against the garage wall it is only about 20 cms wide I place two sections side by side along the garage wall and place the next two sections in front of the first two so the total width is less than 40 cms when stored away, plenty of room to still have two cars in the garage. Each track section has its own fold down legs so to set the track up just pull down the legs and pull the track up onto its legs, joining each section takes seconds with simple clamps located under the track. It only takes one person top setup or store away.

Here is a link to a video of the Mr Trax system

https://www.facebook.com/MrTraxcustomtracks/videos/1980612378848941

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oldskool62 said:

I'm moving up there in about six months.

Be sure to reach out for our details, to help, I've included a couple of FaceBook Groups of mine should make it easier to contact also. Be great to have possibility of another track to race on, more the better I say.

All the best with your move when it happens.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Australian Slot Car Group (ASCG) - all things Slot Cars
https://www.facebook.com/groups/australianslotcars
NSW Slot Car Group (NSWSCG)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/nswslotcargroup
Shenanigans Raceway (Mid North Coast, Taree, 2430)
dictionary definition: 
- mischievousness or high-spirited behaviour, 
- secret manoeuvring

#slotcarsforlife
Looking for inspiration for a slot car track? Then head on over to SlotRacer Online
https://slotracer.online/library/tracks/index.html
https://slotracer.online/track-plans/

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Oldskool62 said:

@johnno coming up this weekend with another load. We should be on on the 29th June. Cannot wait and thanks for reaching out.

Great to see, like I mentioned if you have five and want to call in to check things just say so, I'm not going anywhere, my back won't let me :mellow:

sounds like you are making a bit of a mess like all moving entails, bet you are getting over the move fast :D

@JohnnoI'll see how I go but this one will be a mercy dash. Dropping off a load and back to Sydney. I got my latest slot car arrivals a Bob Jane Camaro, javelin, NASCAR charger and dick Johnson falcon to bring to their new home and meet the rest of the bunch. :)

Mate I am over the moving but the finish line is close and the journey is almost over. 

3 hours ago, Oldskool62 said:

@JohnnoI'll see how I go but this one will be a mercy dash. Dropping off a load and back to Sydney. I got my latest slot car arrivals a Bob Jane Camaro, javelin, NASCAR charger and dick Johnson falcon to bring to their new home and meet the rest of the bunch. :)

Mate I am over the moving but the finish line is close and the journey is almost over. 

That's all good heads up it is raining up this way. What comes next is the unpacking, at least with that you can do a few beers and pizza on the first night :)

Those cars are very nice, if Scalextric they will take quite some tuning to get to stay on the track, probably you know already. Bet you are hanging to get your track going, just got to get that shed hey

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Johnno said:

That's all good heads up it is raining up this way. What comes next is the unpacking, at least with that you can do a few beers and pizza on the first night :)

Those cars are very nice, if Scalextric they will take quite some tuning to get to stay on the track, probably you know already. Bet you are hanging to get your track going, just got to get that shed hey

#@johnno mate hanging is an understatement.

Hi TSMSOCCER.

Sorry if you have posted before but can you give me basic dimensions of your earlier rectangular track and now size of "L" shaped one. Also if not being to rude a rough order of costs for both. We have been investigating some of these impressive offerings in NZ but unfortunately transport costs are very high. Some have already been sold to NZ though.

While we Kiwis are a bunch of DIYers I see these tracks as a good starting point for attracting new slotties. While they may seem expensive a plastic track of same size would set you back a few pennies.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, charlesx said:

Hi TSMSOCCER.

Sorry if you have posted before but can you give me basic dimensions of your earlier rectangular track and now size of "L" shaped one. Also if not being to rude a rough order of costs for both. We have been investigating some of these impressive offerings in NZ but unfortunately transport costs are very high. Some have already been sold to NZ though.

While we Kiwis are a bunch of DIYers I see these tracks as a good starting point for attracting new slotties. While they may seem expensive a plastic track of same size would set you back a few pennies.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Howdy Chas, 

For pricing you need to contact Peter Van Horssen at Mrtrax (mrtrax.com) just a vague memory of a conversation with Peter. I think sent a track to NZ 

Online Contact Form: https://www.mrslotcar.com/contact

Video: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1980612378848941

track details which include the footprint and lane lengths: https://www.mrslotcar.com/mr-trax

As for plastic track being cheaper, it actually isn't, not here in Australia at least. And as for the tracks by Peter beng a startng point, they are much, much more than that, they can be utilised in a commercial environment also, the lane centers are 100mm therefor 1:24 scale cars can be utilised as well as 1:32 scale.

Cheers

Johnno

I am a part of a small group of guys that race every Wednesday around the Taree, Old Bar and Forster area. I would like to get some evenings or weekend racing happening, if you are interested, please reach out for a chat.

Location: Taree, NSW, 2430 on the Mid North Coast, my private home 4-Lane MrTrax track is named 'Shenanigans Raceway'

Shenanigans Raceway
1:24 and 1:32 Scale Commercial Slot Car track

definition:
  - silly or high-spirited behaviour; mischief.
  - secret or mischievious activity or manoeuvring
Australian Slot Car Group (ASCG) - all things Slot Cars
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/australianslotcars
MeWe: https://mewe.com/group/602df47a35036302d92ad592
NSW Slot Car Group (NSWSCG)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nswslotcargroup
MeWe: https://mewe.com/group/602df55d123eb774f9b52594
slotracer.online Library
https://slotracer.online/library/index.html

slotracer.online Index of tracks and track plans
https://slotracer.online/library/tracks/index.html

The Complete Slot Racing Handbook
https://slotracer.online/manual/index.php

The Scalextric Digital ARC PRO Guide
https://slotracer.online/arc-pro-guide/index.html
#slotcarsforlife

Peter Van Horssen
mrtrax.com
mrslotcar.com

Hi Johnno.

I was certainly not saying a plastic track would be cheaper.  Just the opposite. I was trying to say a plastic was not cheap. No idea about the new Policar and Scaleauto versions and have no recent costings for any plastic track. Just speaking from experience. All I know is my wood 10m 4.8 x1.2m 3 lane track via DIY was far much less the $1000 including Trackmate while one we built including CNC about 10 years ago was about $1600 - 5.8x 1.8.

Have seen Mr. Trax website before and discussed with Peter who I found very helpful. As I said however transport cost of about 50% of track cost made a NZ purchase a bit prohibitive but probably still good value if you want something ready to go.

Appreciate your help and quick reply. Regards Chas Le Breton

• Like 1

Hi Chas

The latest version of track which is 4 pieces of Mr Trax track is 4.8 meters by 2.4 meters so it fits in one side of my double garage.

You cannot really compare a purchased track against a track which is a do it yourself where your costs are only the raw materials your labour is a labour of love so to speak

I have built a MDF track in the past but for me at least the biggest advantage of the Mr Trax track is the ability to assemble and fold away in minutes. If you do not have the space to have a track permanently assembled this is really an excellent option. Yes it is not cheap but like everything you get what you pay for and this is a commercial offering.

i agree postage can be a killer when it is added to the cost of the track. I know it can be difficult to organise but the last piece of track i ordered a fellow racer who happens to live in the same suburb as me also wanted a track so we ordered together and that reduced the postage costs. If you can organise for a number of deliveries it does help with the postage. 

Without wanting to make this post an advertising campaign I can tell you the track is very well made and the method Peter uses to connect various pieces is amazing yet so simple.

Another advantage to the track is its flexibility the way you can add or remove track sections brilliant.

as mentioned the track is heavy and that does not help with postage.

Regards Charlie

For me the MrTrax setup is very appealing, I presently have my 3 lane MDF CNC routed track and I love it, but, as the years have gone by I'm finding it more and more difficult to justify the space which my track occupies, mob track is 4.7 x 1.8 and although its a little on the smallish size it has done me well for over10 years or so,

like others I have seen the MrTrax product on line and did not really appreciate the practicality of the product till now, Seeing Charlies comments and seeing the way he tucks it away when not in use really appeals to me.

I will be seriously considering jumping on board with Mrtrax, problem is how do I dispose of my present track?

20 minutes ago, terry said:

For me the MrTrax setup is very appealing, I presently have my 3 lane MDF CNC routed track and I love it, but, as the years have gone by I'm finding it more and more difficult to justify the space which my track occupies, mob track is 4.7 x 1.8 and although its a little on the smallish size it has done me well for over10 years or so,

like others I have seen the MrTrax product on line and did not really appreciate the practicality of the product till now, Seeing Charlies comments and seeing the way he tucks it away when not in use really appeals to me.

I will be seriously considering jumping on board with Mrtrax, problem is how do I dispose of my present track?

I was also looking at another manufacturer of tracks in Australia, he just custom makes them and continues on quietly, his tracks are of the permanent type such as yours Terry, so that option to me was not a real winner, though the tracks look amazing.

When I found Peter and his fully modular and infinitely expandable by adding on extra modules I was blown away, jumped in head first and dropped $10k!!!! As you mentioned about the practicality of MrTrax tracks they sure are that. Even with a stuffed spine and previous spinal fusions I can easily setup or remove a module by myself, though to move them house to house etc, you will need a second person.

As for disposing of your old track, try slot car shops or forums such as this, there are many out there such as slotracer.online, you could also try in your local newspaper (if it exists) or your local online Community Page, perhaps you could donate it to a Men's Shed or local RFS, SES, charity that they could offer it up for the major prize on a fundraiser drive.

I can say that once you get a MrTrax track you will never look back other than to ask yourself, why didn't I do this earlier? Peter has the best sales, service and support of any business that I have dealt with in decades... Peter really does stand behind his products. Full disclosure, I don't get paid for talking about his tracks or promoting them nor his business in any way, these tracks are really that awesome. 

Along with the standard tracks that Peter manufactures, he can also construct your own track design of your choosing!!! WOW indeed hey, reach out to Peter aka MrTrax (mrtrax.com) aka MrSlotcar (mrslotcar.com)