Policar Ferrari 330 P4

25 replies to this topic

#21 Wobble

Electric model car wrecker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:53 AM

Last night I had some track time with it and some things weren't quite what I expected. I figured it'd go like my Slot.it GT40's, (which I run with some weight) and NSR Ford MkII/GT40 (no weight) and it's fast, real fast, almost Shark 22 fast, but at the end of the 8m back straight ended up spinning like a top on its roof. Where's the brakes? I'm not too sure I'm a fan of this new motor as it kinda reminds me of the Revell motors that had lots of go and very little stop and I ended up having to run it on full brakes which seems wrong when compared to my other Slot.it classics.
Posted Image

#22 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:46 PM

Found my P4,s are running a lot better since they have had a lot of track time , changed rears to NSR ultras and gearing at 11x34 seems to be a good ratio for improving braking.

#23 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 08:20 PM

We have the new Policar 412p with us , must say it looks good in yellow , and despite all the negative points about quality this one seems better , the sill panels are fitted better on mine , no blemishes on the body work, everything seems to operate as it should, and on the track with the magnet out after a run in period makes a good stable mate for the red one.

#24 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:32 AM

I expect they gave their dealers the choice of doing a QC on stock out in the wild, or returning for them to do at base in Italy.

Stock that was still in their warehouse will have been checked individually before sending out

For the record the "new motor" is exactly the same motor as for the last 5 years. They only republished the RPM at the 23k it actually developed, and when they started fitting the lower powered 21k motor into DTM models, they gave them both new code designations of MX15 ) DTMs) and MX16 (Group C, Classics)
I certainly have never seen any operating performance differences, and I have run and tested at least 50 motors since the code change.
Slots addict 1st class * Classic quote for 2019 "whaa whaa whoo, where is I " * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club Website

#25 Wobble

Electric model car wrecker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:02 PM

For the record the "new motor" is exactly the same motor as for the last 5 years. They only republished the RPM at the 23k it actually developed, and when they started fitting the lower powered 21k motor into DTM models, they gave them both new code designations of MX15 ) DTMs) and MX16 (Group C, Classics)
I certainly have never seen any operating performance differences, and I have run and tested at least 50 motors since the code change.

Funny that, it;s certainly a "new motor" to me and it just goes to show me how often I buy new Slot.it cars.
Posted Image

#26 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted Today, 02:12 AM

I have come to the conclusion after running 3 Policar Ferrari 330 p4 that after you set the car up right, add a little weight up front , for the money they great value, especially the white ki , ok some bits may look wrong to others body wise , but these cars are up there now with my Thunderslot cars , just took a bit of time and TLC to get them there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users