Friday Night In The Slot Cave

4 replies to this topic

#1 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:26 AM

Usual crap on the telly and the missus challenged me to Dodge Chargers in the cave ( garage ) so being stupid i took up the gauntlet , now my better half was a very good slot racer in the 60,s so knows a thing or two especially with a Pioneer Dodge Charger to hand.
But i was not scared , forgetting how good she was powering a Pontiac GTO through the bends at Hornchurch , so turned the heater on uncovered the track and reved the cars up.
Both these chargers are pretty quick running with MJK tyres on the back and with 21k Pioneer motors in, first mistake i made was trying to outbreak her on the outside at the end of the main straight which was fatal as my Charger charged into the undergrowth upside down spinning after being tapped by her arse ( the car that is ) , but i,m no feint heart soon got going again, and watched smiling as she slid the car side to side through the esses , she moves with the car as well so slightly distracting.
But by now i was on the inside after coming through the cross over and thought i'll have her now thundered up the inside flicked my tail out and the B had breaked early so i had nothing to lean on and once again my Charger charged into the undergrowth upside down spinning.
Moral of this is if you must play with the wife don't do it with slot cars especially Dodge Chargers, but it was great fun this evening.

#2 dangermouse

Kart Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:55 AM

what do you mean 'must play with the wife' LOL

#3 Sports Racer

V8 Supercar Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:02 PM

Keith, does she have a sister?
May the downforce be with you.

#4 Slotspeed

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:39 AM

You know what they say, happy wife happy life, but it always hurts when she beats you at racing! Mine is still rubbing it in at every opportunity that she beat me by 0.2 seconds at the North circuit at Eastern Creek (in different cars on different days)

#5 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 07:07 AM

What have i done , the gauntlet has now been throw down and tonight it was Thunderslot Lolas at 10 paces chuckle.
The wifes weapon of choice was Peter Revson spyder fitted with hard chassis full spring set up, ballraces , and standard motor and gears , my choice was the Surtess Coupe set up the same as the spyder, and tonight we had the tabby from next door sitting in watching the racing .
I am always suprised how these cars go on Carrera track with those skinny guides , one thing also with Carrera track its wider so you can really hammer these round the bends in close company with each other without making contact.
Down to the racing the wife beat me away and had half a car length on me as we went down into the first bend no use trying to outbreak her there as i,m vulnarable in the esses so waited to attack as we came along the back straight and now i was on the inside so made the pass fairly easily but she was not giving up changed her controller setting on the main straight and did me into the next corner, these cars are fabulous to drive when warmed up and that standard motor is fast for it,s K , just managed to pip her by half a lap after the 50 lap race which is about 3.6 seconds .
Race 2 was very similar to the last race except she beat me this time by outbreaking me into the esses and i didn't exit fast enough out of them so could not do her on the back straight , but boy that was very close and a lot of fun, great slot cars cannot fault them at all.
Looks like we might be having a race on a few Friday nights when the telly is bad , next time Slot it Mclaren M8D's i think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users