2018 Nz Grp5 Proxy Race 8

David Carter

well it has been awhile coming but race 8 will be this Thursday

sorry for the delay guy's but after a bit of a delay in Aus the cars didn't get back to me in time

to run the last race before the club shut down for summer/xmas break

but we seem to have kick the new year's racing off a bit earlier than normal we will get the proxy finished

so I can get all the cars back home

qualifying is on Tuesday night so good luck for the last round

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Looks like cars 23 and #1 are faster than the 3.617 and 3.667 respectively in qualifying. :) Thanks for the qualifying run David and Great job P Gunn gaining the p1 spot in the quali. Good luck to all the builders, may you place higher than you might expect.

Edited by Brumos RSR

Thanks Dave - I had hoped you'd drive but it was fun to run all the cars again.

Track hasn't had much use of late so I think on race night with our "guns" driving & grip improving we should see times tumble.

One thing on this track is it has a squeeze at the top hairpin which shouldn't be a problem with the Gentlemen racers in HB B)

But you can be down a lap and a half quite quickly before your car is marshaled. It will be a fun night.

WooYv4Kl.jpg?1

Hoping to run the round this Thursday night if we can get the numbers. I'll keep you posted.

btw only one qualifying incident ... an easy repair

iAX4wOkl.jpg

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

Number 99 probably runs better on 3 wheels. Could be Delboy's car in "only fools and horses"

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Looks like cars 23 and #1 are faster than the 3.617 and 3.667 respectively in qualifying. :) Thanks for the qualifying run David and Great job P Gunn gaining the p1 spot in the quali. Good luck to all the builders, may you place higher than you might expect.

I see that' that is weird as I did data sort

but I am using the old crappy laptop at the moment as my one has crapped out on me

and this one does do some weird things at times

I will sort it for Thursday's race

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

a lot of things happen in just over 3 sec's on this track

the banked curve is fast but has a chicane as you come out of it which leads straight into a tight left hand squeeze

down to a right hand bend that drops as you go around and in my opinion the hardest part of the track if on the inside lane

and as Pat said a de-slot can be costly so pays to drive on the safe side and stay in the slot

I have won a few heats this way even though I had a slower car

bring on the race

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

So I hope that the drivers do not see this as a 'race' but rather like a proxy, where the goal is to aim for as many laps as possible. It should be run as a 'time trial' running alongside other cars rather than a full on club race. Less de-slots that way.

Yes we've run many proxies and are always very respectful of the cars and the process.

ok race 8 has been run and won

conditions were very different than quqlifying

qual night - was very hot and track hadn't been used for awhile

race night - was quite cool and the air a bit damp

this did make a few cars perform a bit different than in qualifying

grp5race%208_zpstrl1ehn3.png[/url]

congrats to Peter Gunn for taking out top spot

and congrats to 2nd and 3rd place podiumites

I will get the final results sorted over the weekend and get all the cars boxed up ready for sending home

I will let you know when they are in the post

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

I was surprised at how well most of the cars coped with Pat's track. Being sort of flowing, but small and tight, and having very fluid elevation changes through the curves, the tyre load changes momentarily from 4 wheels to 2 or 3 a number of times each lap.

An unstable car is hard to drive here, but we had very low numbers of deslots. There were heats where we were each pushing our lane/car yet 3 cars circulated the entire heat without a deslot, as if on a piece of string to one another.

Some cars were an utter pleasure to drive. So stable you could trust driving them right to the limit, knowing they wouldn't do anything unpredictable

[And no Difinity, that doesn't mean over-driving]

- Dave - Brumos Mustang and whoever ownsed that Rodenstock 320 should be sent an email regretting their loss in the return post. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::ph34r: :ph34r:

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Thanks Slots. I very much regard your, and that of the guys who drive alongside you, proxy experience. I know just how hard these (particular) cars can be pushed and driven cleanly. They are a great bunch of models.

Sometimes though, I’ve seen in the various proxies a tendency to race rather than proxy. That’s usually when I get my car back in pieces. 😊

Good effort on this one. I note that my final placing was effectively 8 (=10) when you take the laps into account. That = qualifying. The best for my car on this track to date IIRC. Thanks.

Please don’t forget David, I moved states since I sent the car out - you should have the address in your PMs still.

Thanks to all concerned for putting on the round - happy to see Peter Gunn get a win, well done to Rossko and Lance for filling out the podium....

I'm guessing my #55 was one of the 'deslotters' - happily the pain that that car has caused me is now at an end.......

But, we never lose - we either win or hopefully learn.....

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

I,m chuffed to win a race at last in NZ, been great sending cars down there first the Can Am , then the Group 5 and lastly the ATCC proxies, will miss not sending anything this year , and i had a nice Camero ready for the ATCC sitting in my car box, oh well have to run with the home cars here.

Thanks for all the effort put in by David and the hosts, much appreciated , congrats to Gas and Lancelot for keeping me warm on the podium, and a special well done to all the entrants some really good cars in the Group 5 field.

• Upvote 1

But, we never lose - we either win or hopefully learn.....

Untitled_zpsowhfydkh.jpg

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Dave, thanks to you and the team for hosting this round and thanks for putting this proxy together. Peter Gunn way to carry on from qualifying to the actual race with the drastic weather change. Congrats also to Gas41t and Lancelot for your podiums also. And I gotta have my little silver Mustang back but thank you for getting the most out of my car.

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys. First time hosting a proxy on my little track and really enjoyed it.

And a huge thanks to Dave for organising another cool proxy.

Congrats to Peter Gunn, that M1 was so easy to drive, smooth and quick.

And congrats to the other podium getters. Gas's BMW & Lancelot's Lancia were very good too.

For me Celina's M1 & Brumos Mustang were memorable drives too.

Thanks too to the HB crew for coming out and marshalling, But as said there were very few deslots.

I recall putting my on Capri on it's roof twice - What is it when you drive your own car. I lose it.

I'll add a few pics from each heat to follow, but here is our round winner... The marshals were pretty please for him too . B)

YLCnpEbl.jpg